Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Even if he was mediocre in the ring, I'd still be a huge fan. The guy gives the most intelligent, insightful interviews I've ever seen in boxing. Always gets me to look at things from a new angle.
    Wow, are you serious? Damn bro, you are really a very simple man. Gonna have to hold back next time i mess with you. I am sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Wow, are you serious? Damn bro, you are really a very simple man. Gonna have to hold back next time i mess with you. I am sorry.
      You'd happily stroke your pipe over Golovkin saying stuff like "I want give big drama show" and "I feel him, he is good boy" but you're hating on Red for acknowledging a very insightful interview from Ward, perhaps there were too many words and well constructed sentences for your liking.

So who is simple??

Comment

• Ward by UD

Ward gives Krusher a boxing lessonward

Comment

After much thought, I believe this fight is about who can control the distance. Ward will make every effort to do what he's done against other high-level fighters he's faced, which is to be either too close or too far. Though Kovalev is best known for obliterating fighters who stand in front of him, he's also shown the ability to control distance, the showcase being the Hopkins fight in which he didn't let Bernard smother. However, he also stumbled a bit in the Chilemba fight, as Isaac was often able to score inside and elude on the outside.

If Kovalev has an answer to Ward's control of distance, he'll hurt him. Don't expect him to suddenly have an inside game or to be able to pick Ward apart at range like Sergey does to other fighters. These will be quick punches that happen during transitions as Sergey cuts off Ward's footwork. If Kovalev fails to do that, I see Ward frustrating Kovalev and grinding him down throughout the night.
          Nice breakdown. Is it just me or is this fight being promoted poorly. Have yet to hear anything on espn or anywhere outside of these forums about this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by All in View Post
            Nice breakdown. Is it just me or is this fight being promoted poorly. Have yet to hear anything on espn or anywhere outside of these forums about this fight.
            Thx. Regarding promotion, it's still over 3 weeks away so hopefully they'll ramp it up. This looks incredible though and will hopefully start the promotion with a ****;
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=726804

Comment

Thx. Regarding promotion, it's still over 3 weeks away so hopefully they'll ramp it up. This looks incredible though and will hopefully start the promotion with a ****;
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=726804
              Thanks for the link. I just want people to get excited about boxing again. These are too talented ,blue collar fighters. If we can't bring new fans to the table with this match up we will always be the ufc's stepchild.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
                  I was in the Rose Garden for this fight! (undercard of Mayweather-Mitchel).

But don't take anything from that knockdown.

Ward controlled the entire fight.

More to the point though that was very early in his pro career. It was amateur vs pro, and Darnell Boone is a tough fighter. He has a win over Adonis Stevens.

Comment

• New Kovalev vs. Ward promo video

In the video, Andre Ward says "I was sandwiched in between a heroin addict and a crack head, I shouldn't be here"

But heroin addict or not, at least Ward's father had money, Ward grew up in a good neighborhood and his father took him to the boxing gym very often. Kovalev grew up poor in a rough neighborhood and had fewer opportunities, having a disabled father.

Comment

• Kovalev by KO

I'm admittedly biased, but Ward takes too many shots, even in his super 6 days. He'll get caught a couple times and then he'll start hesitating, then it's all over. Late round KO for Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                      X