Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ward forced to move up or did he outgrow SMW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
    Abel Sanchez thinks Ward is a 168lb fighter trying to fight naturally larger opponents at 175lbs. Ward himself has stated he has no problem making 168lbs and was influenced / coerced by certain people in boxing to move up.

The Ward haters will tell you he's actually a CW though.......
    This.

I suspect Ward's HBO deal would look a whole lot different if he'd have stayed at 168 cuz there isn't anything happening at 168 so he decided to move up for bigger money & more interesting fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      This.

I suspect Ward's HBO deal would look a whole lot different if he'd have stayed at 168 cuz there isn't anything happening at 168 so he decided to move up for bigger money & more interesting fights.
      bullsheet. ward looked skinny at the weigh in and was 174.8. barely made the weight looking skinny

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
        bullsheet. ward looked skinny at the weigh in and was 174.8. barely made the weight looking skinny
        If you move up to 175 you are well advised to try to get as close to 175 as possible. I saw the same guy just a few lbs bigger.

I think he could fight at 168 again. I suppose its a agree to disagree situation unless GGG calls in the Ward 168lb fight offer from awhile back if Canelo leaves him standing at the altar until after May 2017 & then we could see if I'm correct or you're correct.

Comment

I think he just moved because of lack of competition @68. Outside of degale he only could maybe fight Jack or dirrel

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Anyways nobody knows the answer but him. If you hate him you'll say he outgrew it if you like him you'll say he was forced.
            He weights one pound less than Kovalev on fight night and he hasn't made 168 in a while, I think an objective person would say he outgrew 168.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
              He weights one pound less than Kovalev on fight night and he hasn't made 168 in a while, I think an objective person would say he outgrew 168.
              You do know most fighters gain weight when they move up so they are harder to push around/stronger right?

Comment

Outgrew 168 couldn't make weight anymore..

He was too big for the weight anyway, he fought at 178 in the amateurs

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                  But you're not an objective person so why does it matter what you say?

Comment

He intended to stay at 168 and was even going to fight GG at that weight. However, he's said that he's wanted to do 175 for years because he doesn't like cutting weight. He wasn't going to make the move until Virgil and mgt decided it was time. If they told him to stay at 168 I fully believe he'd still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Æthelstan View Post
                      Outgrew 168 couldn't make weight anymore..

He was too big for the weight anyway, he fought at 178 in the amateurs
                      175 is his chance to be a real star with the associated money and fame. Big fights in an exciting division. And it just fits him. I think he's a natural LHW

Comment

Working...
                      X