No announcement yet.

What we know about Haymon complete summary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we know about Haymon complete summary

A five part series by an HBO employee distributed by a company that is suing Al Haymon. What we know about Al Haymon was the correct title because we learned absolutely nothing new about Al Haymon. A five part series that could've been written in one article. Major letdown by Hauser one of the best investigative journalist in boxing. I think this piece discredits him as anything other than a paid HBO journalist using his past credibility to write hit pieces on the competition. He regurgitated past articles and interviews written by other journalist just to write an article critical of PBC. He had to be shamed into disclosing he works for HBO.

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Part V

I skimmed part 1 then didn't bother to read the rest. An HBO employee writing for a magazine owned by a guy that's suing him. Yeah, no bias there.

Comment

Yeah...not going to bother reading anything Hauser related. He's a disgrace to the profession.

Comment

I didnt even know the other 2 parts came out already. Goes to show how far this fell after Iole called him out and after the first 3 parts showed us nothing new

Comment

Part 5 was supposed to be the big finish...Hauser told people the last segment would contain the bombshells.

Part 5 has nothing of the sort. More boring biographical info, with Hauser's own opinions and conclusions to round it out.

Whole thing was worthless. Irrelevant, unenlightening, poorly sourced...complete waste of time.

Comment

Comment

My various takes on this series:

I think this series caught me up on some PBC/Haymon ratings, deal or various other news items I missed that was already out there than it brought much to light about Haymon, PBC or anything else.

The thing about the kid he went to Harvard with from the last part was mildly interesting & something I'd never heard before. And I will say the 2nd & 4th parts had me thinking we could be on some road to a big or dramatic ending, but that was not the case.

Hauser/Ring definitely stretched this out for maximum effect with 5 parts. This was a 2 part series max. 3 parts got milked & its completely arguable this is a one article story & not a series at all.

Again as I've said numerous times already about Hauser is he is a guy who is plugged into what people wanna read & will click on. I think he's a better clickbait artist than writer so this is a solid success for him regardless of if I or anyone else thinks it was much ado about nothing. Although as mentioned by TS the series was called What We Know About Haymon & thats really what he brought to the table so it'd be like me writing a What We Know About Carrot Top article & me getting dogged for nearly everything I brought up being googleable.

Also for whatever reason some people who read Hauser's articles seem to fall victim to come to their own outcomes with them. Many USADA article readers seemed to think Hauser did more than speculate, almost innocently at times, about how the USADA works & issues with how they work more than he said Floyd did anything wrong, but many walked away thinking there was some Floyd/IV smoking gun in that article when there clearly wasn't for a reasonable reader. I'm curious to see if there is some weird logical jump from this series. I can't even imagine what that would be as there was nothing much in the article damning in any way except numbers & people are usually pretty confused with numbers thus seldom run with them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  My various takes on this series:

I think this series caught me up on some PBC/Haymon ratings, deal or various other news items I missed that was already out there than it brought much to light about Haymon, PBC or anything else.

The thing about the kid he went to Harvard with from the last part was mildly interesting & something I'd never heard before. And I will say the 2nd & 4th parts had me thinking we could be on some road to a big or dramatic ending, but that was not the case.

Hauser/Ring definitely stretched this out for maximum effect with 5 parts. This was a 2 part series max. 3 parts got milked & its completely arguable this is a one article story & not a series at all.

Again as I've said numerous times already about Hauser is he is a guy who is plugged into what people wanna read & will click on. I think he's a better clickbait artist than writer so this is a solid success for him regardless of if I or anyone else thinks it was much ado about nothing. Although as mentioned by TS the series was called What We Know About Haymon & thats really what he brought to the table so it'd be like me writing a What We Know About Carrot Top article & me getting dogged for nearly everything I brought up being googleable.

Also for whatever reason some people who read Hauser's articles seem to fall victim to come to their own outcomes with them. Many USADA article readers seemed to think Hauser did more than speculate, almost innocently at times, about how the USADA works & issues with how they work more than he said Floyd did anything wrong, but many walked away thinking there was some Floyd/IV smoking gun in that article when there clearly wasn't for a reasonable reader. I'm curious to see if there is some weird logical jump from this series. I can't even imagine what that would be as there was nothing much in the article damning in any way except numbers & people are usually pretty confused with numbers thus seldom run with them.
                  Do you think the article was necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    I skimmed part 1 then didn't bother to read the rest. An HBO employee writing for a magazine owned by a guy that's suing him. Yeah, no bias there.
                    He lost me when he started talking about what kind of food Haymon likes to eat.

Comment

Working...
                    X