Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Golovkin: Beat Andre Ward, Then I'll Fight You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would Floyd prove fighting one dimensional flat footed Garcia , Floyd should stay retired but he won't he will end up losing to a mediocre opponent that five years ago he would have stood on his head.

Floyd is forty soon .....done.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
      I don't know about terrified. Not sure why some boxing fans always have to talk in such extremes - this guy is scared...that guy is terrified.

We are talking about the best in the world. I guarantee GGG isn't afraid or terrified of anyone.

That said, I think GGG's management realize that the risk/reward is very disproportionate for this fight. It's a fight that Ward would probably be favored to win. He's the bigger fighter, better boxer, better defense. I give GGG a shot, but it's a very tough fight. yet there is not huge $ for it. If that fight gets made on PPV, what does it bring in, 300k buys, 350k.
      If Ward was in the same weight clas, then I'd be killing him. But, I never understand the criticism for a fighter not taking a fight against someone outside of their weight class. Just like for Floyd, anyone that criticizes him for not fighting GGG, who is 2 weight classes bigger, is just a hater of Floyd and will look for any reason to criticize.
      GGG is probably not scared, but his team is definitely shook. By no means do I think he has to face Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        I can be very rational but with GGG nuthuggers it can be difficult, not saying you but a majority. And as for the fight I don't care if it's a mandatory for a belt that doesnt mean crap in todays boxing landscape. he's 34 years old, has no big fights, no names, no legacy, and should be trying to be great and chasing a big fight. if you cannot get one then you go find one. instead he's sitting back waiting, begging and wasting his time. And thats ok cause its his career
        It's easy to say go find a big fight - but can even name a fighter that he could've done this with?

Quick look at Ring rankings. GGG is #1 and beat #4 and #9 (Lemeiux and Geale); before agreeing to Wade fight, he tried to make fight with # 3 - Saunders - who didn't want it. We can agree on that?

Can we also agree that Cotto, Canelo(C), Jacobs (#2) and Quillin (#6) were not fighting him.

So, could he have fought someone like Andy Lee. I guess. But, although I don't think it's that important to get the belts, and certainly not more important if a big fight is available, I think it will do more for his career than wins over more fighters like Andy Lee. He already has a lot of wins over that caliber of fighter, another wouldn't have helped at all.

So, really, what big fight should he have went out and found? It's really easy to say that without giving options. It's like when a fan calls sportstalk radio and says - Yanks should bench Arod.
        Sportstalk radio: ok, who should play instead?
        fan: I don't know, but bench Arod!!! lol

It's easy to say that a fighter is doing the wrong thing, but a little harder to say what the right thing is

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          You know which one.

He dropped the ball and is sitting back begging and hoping.

But i hope Wade fight is good. Never seen him fight but then again i didt know Lemiuex still fought and never saw the now "retired" Monroe either.

That's one thing good about GGG he shows me guys I've never seen fight
          I agree. GGG shows me guys I never heard of and didn't even know they existed! It keeps me on my toes and CONSTANTLY looking at All the top #10 RANKED Alphabet Soup standings!!! U should see the next WBC MANDATORY if Canelo gets stripped! The guy has 4 loses. That's gonna be GGG next Tomato can he fights...

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
            Except he then called ggg out on numerous occasions and ggg said everything 50/50 including the weight. They should fight at 164.
            Yes after being dissed when he offered him the fight at full on 168....not sure what world you live in but if I offer you a piece of pizza and you say no I might go tell you to flat out go fk yourself.

Comment

• TBE making em mad yet again. Love it.

Comment

and let's even say GGG was willing to take short $ for the opp to fight Ward...Ward wasn't even fighting. When was the last time Ward even made 168? 2013?
                Barrera > Wade x1000

Comment

two things wrong about this statement. Floyd says this because Ward is now at 175. Ward would have difficulty coming down to 168. So, If GGG actually agreed to fight Ward at 168, there is no way in hell he could then cut down to 154 or 155 or whatever weight mayweather would require for a fight.

2nd - Ward would've been a fight fans dream - BUT, not the "big" fight your taklin about. GGG's "big" fight was with Cotto who wanted no part and is now with canelo. GGG would've even made more fighting Chavez or Froch (in Englad) at 168. Ward, although one of the top fighters in boxing has only fought app 2 times over the past 4 years. General sports fans barely remember him. He would've got accolades, but that wasn't his "big" fight

Are you still upset because I referred to lil'G as " Hypekin " ?

And.....

How mad were you when I called Pac an over-rated steroid cheat ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    So is that what you said when the topic of GGG vs Floyd came up before? You know, Floyd can come in at whatever weight he wants to. Floyd, make it happen already!!!

Now lets say GGG does fight and beat Ward. Again, will you talk the same way and tell Floyd, WTF, no CW. You do not have to weigh more than you want to Floyd. Floyd, make it happen already!!!

BTW - Floyd does not expect GGG to beat Ward. There is no way that Floyd would take the fight if GGG beats Ward. Well, unless there is some crazy CW condition that drains GGG .... but you do not care for that, right?

And neither does anyone else with half-a-clue.

Comment

It's easy to say go find a big fight - but can even name a fighter that he could've done this with?

Quick look at Ring rankings. GGG is #1 and beat #4 and #9 (Lemeiux and Geale); before agreeing to Wade fight, he tried to make fight with # 3 - Saunders - who didn't want it. We can agree on that?

Can we also agree that Cotto, Canelo(C), Jacobs (#2) and Quillin (#6) were not fighting him.

So, could he have fought someone like Andy Lee. I guess. But, although I don't think it's that important to get the belts, and certainly not more important if a big fight is available, I think it will do more for his career than wins over more fighters like Andy Lee. He already has a lot of wins over that caliber of fighter, another wouldn't have helped at all.

So, really, what big fight should he have went out and found? It's really easy to say that without giving options. It's like when a fan calls sportstalk radio and says - Yanks should bench Arod.
                      Sportstalk radio: ok, who should play instead?
                      fan: I don't know, but bench Arod!!! lol

It's easy to say that a fighter is doing the wrong thing, but a little harder to say what the right thing is
                      Ward, lara, groves, dirrell bros, degale, jacobs, lee, bute...i can go on and in but theres always something. None of these were offered anything.

Go find it!!

Comment

Working...
                      X