No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner is the result of growing up with FMJ as a role model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    its true man...american media disgusts me.....look at it this way....Danny Garcia isnt a ko artist or controversial....fighters and trainers respect him, the media and fans crap on him a lot

he doesnt act phony, he is genuine, isnt even 30 and has a very good resume...no media hypetrain or anything

now if he acted like a jigaboo or was flashy and flamboyant like say Macho Camacho, he'd be a friggin star.
    Agree with you. If Danny acted like Broner did in Wal-Mart 24/7 he'd be a star.

It's the same though with almost anything though entertainment wise . The public loves dumbed down ignorant sh.it even more if it's a person of color

Gucci Mane will sell more then Stalley , Micheal Bay movies will be watched more then Wes Anderson. People don't like to think especially when it comes to entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Agree with you. If Danny acted like Broner did in Wal-Mart 24/7 he'd be a star.

It's the same though with almost anything though entertainment wise . The public loves dumbed down ignorant sh.it even more if it's a person of color

Gucci Mane will sell more then Stalley , Micheal Bay movies will be watched more then Wes Anderson. People don't like to think especially when it comes to entertainment.
      indeed my friend...indeed

Comment

Mate, not everything or everybody deserves to be discussed. And AB like people's ideas is not an exception.

Comment

Try your father if you want a role model or maybe a serious uncle not Floyd mayweather, a lot of these people are told how to act or act a particular way for more views, its not real.

Comment

Whose idea was it to prop boxers up on a pedestal anyway? Who thought it would be a good idea for them to be cast as role models?

Most boxers come from poverty, crime, gangs and drug addicted households.

Look at GGG for instance, he and his brothers used to scour the streets looking for unsuspecting victims to beat up just for laughs. Is he a good role model? This goes for boxers of all backgrounds.

If you're gonna let a boxer be your role model, do so with his in-ring accomplishments because that's all that should matter.

Comment

The major take away from this thread flew over many of your heads.

Let's forget the fact that there's a million Mayweathers that AB grew up around and had to look at as role models. There's a million AB's that are running around that weren't blessed with a home environment of a father and a mother that positively influenced them in some kind of way and were forced to perpetuate the generational cycle.

Let's forget that professional athletes have been looked up to as mentors since the beginning of sports.

But this is my last post in this thread as I have to attend to other business for I rarely post here as is.

Not only do I leave a challenge to those of you that actually give a damn about your community and have the courage and decency to speak up when noticing a problem in society... I challenge the real men to hold idol's in their community to some form of accountability and not just capitalistic profit. How many of you have the courage to take me up on that challenge, I don't know?

But let me leave you with this as a showing of how much of a role athletes can affect kids either positively or negatively. And that's not even counting other entertainers in the industry

Comment

you are 100 percent correct, he even admits to it in his video diss to Floyd that he spent hours watching Floyd he also copies Floyds mannerisms and even his style and things he did.

Comment

You can't blame Floyd for this. Also, there are a lot of positives to take from Floyd. Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide what is right or wrong. There are plenty of examples of people from all backgrounds growing up around negativity and rising above. I don't blame anyone else for other people's actions, and I am the same way with myself.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    I think you're overthinking it.

Broner is just bit of an idiot at times in life who excelled in his sport and become famous within that sport. Most people are stupid and fairly unintelligent in life, it's just most are not in the public eye.
                    This for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      you are 100 percent correct, he even admits to it in his video diss to Floyd that he spent hours watching Floyd he also copies Floyds mannerisms and even his style and things he did.
                      No, he isn't right. Not even remotely.

Broner is a 26 year old man. Treat him like one.

Ward and Spence also look up to Floyd, why don't they act like Broner?

Very stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X