Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao on Lack of KOs: I'm Really 140-Pounder, Can Make 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither Mayweather or Pac were ever true welterweights. Both were probably their best at 130-140 (Mayweather at 135-140 and Pac at 130-135). But they were able to fight higher because of their talent. I think its easier to see why Mayweather was so dominant fighting above his best weight (his skill set and defensive talent), but it is less clear why that was the case for Pac (some says it was the "shakes" but I don't agree with that. I think it was a combination of opponents and his style).

Either way both were not at their best at 147 and anyone who follows the sport knows that. What we got for the last few years was a combination of ridiculous hype, savy promotion, and strategic match making on both sides (Top Rank & Haymon). Like Ellerbe said, "It was the greatest score in boxing history." Any fan who doesn't see that both sides have been in collaboration/contact with each other for years is either blind or lost (e.g. Miami heat game meet up). They made hundreds of millions with this "rivalry" and made a number of other notable boxing stars along the way. It was simply very good business.

Comment

I guess since Mayweather moved like he was still prime at 38, people expect Pacquiao and everyone else to not decline once they hit their early mid thirties.

Comment

Originally posted by Najuk View Post
        Pac should not have accepted Floyd fight at 147. Floyd had advantage
        100+ millions bro. For that kind of money, I would go up to 200 if I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
          Been off the juice is the reason of no K.Os
          Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          No shakes from Ariza, no KOs
          Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
          "Since all this testing started getting administered I've had a lack of KOs"
          You guys might be onto something here . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
            manny can fight is hindparts off
            but he doesnt know how to control a fight unless u walk onto his punches
            but he is right i think he can make 135 i think he and floyd both could if they wanted

both of them eat crazy fat stuff in camp and around camp and they ding the 147 mark easy..
            i think they would both be healthy at 140, but they would make 135..they'd likely get hurt tho...at 135 too much weight loss too much age...140 would be perfect for both
            I don't think floyd's eating habits are as crazy as they seem to be. I think he does that on the 24/7 just for show (kind of like messing with his opponents minds as if to say "I'm not hungry, I eat everything I want"). Aside of his TV persona, he's a very disciplined athlete, so I don't buy for a second that he eats fried chicken, french fries, sodas and all that other stuff. I'm pretty sure he even has his own personal chef 24/7 caring for his diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              He needs to get back on them there Ariza Secret Shakes!!
              PAC is like Popeye without his Can o' Spinach!!

Less than 60% KO rate

But greater than 60% if you add the times he got KO'ed
              Hahahahahaha!!
              strange, half of his ko's came from the lower weights, when ariza wasnt around yet. im telling u mate, stay away from dem trannies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pozomuro View Post
                I don't think floyd's eating habits are as crazy as they seem to be. I think he does that on the 24/7 just for show (kind of like messing with his opponents minds as if to say "I'm not hungry, I eat everything I want"). Aside of his TV persona, he's a very disciplined athlete, so I don't buy for a second that he eats fried chicken, french fries, sodas and all that other stuff. I'm pretty sure he even has his own personal chef 24/7 caring for his diet.
                no bru..he bet at fat burger on the strip all the time..if u follow ppl from vegas on the strip u'll him there all the time..
                did u not see his chef shopping?? i dont think that much acting can be done..the man was eating a big mac on all access not talkin about it..he was actually eating it..he ate mcdonalds right after the fight...these dudes are just little af man
                think about it he was 21 years old and could weight 130lbs lol that is tiny bro

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                  strange, half of his ko's came from the lower weights, when ariza wasnt around yet. im telling u mate, stay away from dem trannies.
                  Manny is secretly playing with Trannies!

Tranny Manny, who takes it in the Fanny! Mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                    These dudes are just little af man
                    think about it he was 21 years old and could weight 130lbs lol that is tiny bro
                    This! I think many don't really think about how small these guys are.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      This! I think many don't really think about how small these guys are.
                      lol i was at a goal of 185 for my 21st bday...
                      hell i was bench pressing his weight before the 8th grade.

Comment

Working...
                      X