No announcement yet.

Reasons why Victor Ortiz will pull another upset against Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons why Victor Ortiz will pull another upset against Berto

For starters, taking away Berto's knockdown in the sixth round the first fight was actually not close. I had Ortiz winning 9 rounds to 3 against Berto.

The reason Berto lost control of the fight is because he doesn't start off first. Ortiz always starts off first and Berto's wide stance and flat feet will set him up to get hurt early. Berto is just an easier target to hit than Ortiz. It will be easier for Ortiz to find Berto first than for Berto to find Ortiz first.

People are picking Ortiz to lose because they think he will quit. I really doubt he will quit when he knows exactly how to beat an opponent he outworked. Analyzing Ortiz, when he gets hurt he wants a way out when his game plan fails. Ortiz is a fighter that can't adjust, he sticks to his style of fighting. The only reason he got up to finish the fight against Berto in the sixth was because whatever he was doing earlier was working effectively. Right after the knockdown in round 6, Ortiz went back to what he was doing because Berto isn't difficult to figure out.

People will compare them by their common opponent, Josesito Lopez. Lopez fought Ortiz coming up in weight, but he hadn't been stopped. By the time Berto fought Lopez, Lopez had already went through a war with Ortiz, got stopped by Canelo, and Maidana. Josesito was so damaged that even Mike Arnaoutis knocked him down after his come back from the Maidana fight. Ortiz fought the fresher version of Josesito and was winning the fight before his jaw broke. Berto on the other hand was getting outworked before stopping a worn out Josesito.

Another thing to take into consideration is that Berto hasn't fought a power puncher since he fought Ortiz. Guerrero, Mayweather, and Soto Karass don't have the Ortiz pop. In the first fight between Berto and Ortiz, Berto was concussed by the power of Ortiz. Ortiz is damaged himself, but Berto's chin should be in question too since it hasn't been tested in a while.

I'm going with Victor Ortiz, TKO round 5. A confident Ortiz is dangerous.
    Last edited by tito_bandito; 03-21-2016, 09:46 PM.

i hope ortiz takes him out, berto got a payday vs floyd he didn't deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      i hope ortiz takes him out, berto got a payday vs floyd he didn't deserve.
      After the post fight interview I don't want to hear Ortiz say something stupid like "Floyd, you owe me dawg." Lmfaoo, a Danny Garcia fight might even be pushing it for Ortiz. Fight Spence! Give the young lion a shot and if Ortiz pulls an upset then call the big names out.

Comment

ortiz all the way - i appreciate him but i also like berto ... this fight is going to be great.

plus when he clowns bam bam in spanish, it's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
          After the post fight interview I don't want to hear Ortiz say something stupid like "Floyd, you owe me dawg." Lmfaoo, a Danny Garcia fight might even be pushing it for Ortiz. Fight Spence! Give the young lion a shot and if Ortiz pulls an upset then call the big names out.
          it's all but a guarantee in that if he wins he'll say something absolutely cringeworthy during the post fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            ortiz all the way - i appreciate him but i also like berto ... this fight is going to be great.

plus when he clowns bam bam in spanish, it's hilarious.
            Berto seems more durable since Ortiz had a broken jaw and wrist, but Berto is more hittable than Ortiz. I just think Ortiz will find Berto's opening first and take it from there. Same story is going to happen but I think Ortiz' team don't want to take risky chances of getting stopped in the deep waters, so they'll look for the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
              For starters, taking away Berto's knockdown in the sixth round the first fight was actually not close. I had Ortiz winning 9 rounds to 3 against Berto.

The reason Berto lost control of the fight is because he doesn't start off first. Ortiz always starts off first and Berto's wide stance and flat feet will set him up to get hurt early. Berto is just an easier target to hit than Ortiz. It will be easier for Ortiz to find Berto first than for Berto to find Ortiz first.

People are picking Ortiz to lose because they think he will quit. I really doubt he will quit when he knows exactly how to beat an opponent he outworked. Analyzing Ortiz, when he gets hurt he wants a way out when his game plan fails. Ortiz is a fighter that can't adjust, he sticks to his style of fighting. The only reason he got up to finish the fight against Berto in the sixth was because whatever he was doing earlier was working effectively. Right after the knockdown in round 6, Ortiz went back to what he was doing because Berto isn't difficult to figure out.

People will compare them by their common opponent, Josesito Lopez. Lopez fought Ortiz coming up in weight, but he hadn't been stopped. By the time Berto fought Lopez, Lopez had already went through a war with Ortiz, got stopped by Canelo, and Maidana. Josesito was so damaged that even Mike Arnaoutis knocked him down after his come back from the Maidana fight. Ortiz fought the fresher version of Josesito and was winning the fight before his jaw broke. Berto on the other hand was getting outworked before stopping a worn out Josesito.

Another thing to take into consideration is that Berto hasn't fought a power puncher since he fought Ortiz. Guerrero, Mayweather, and Soto Karass don't have the Ortiz pop. In the first fight between Berto and Ortiz, Berto was concussed by the power of Ortiz. Ortiz is damaged himself, but Berto's chin should be in question too since it hasn't been tested in a while.

I'm going with Victor Ortiz, TKO round 5. A confident Ortiz is dangerous.
              I don't think anything you said is relevant now. Both guys are shot and have looked terrible in their recent outings, it's a whole new fight now.

I would even give the edge to Berto.

Comment

Ortiz will fight Garcia if he wins this fight. Berto is ranked about 3 in the WBC rankings somehow!

Comment

I hope Ortiz wins in impressive fashion. A focused and motivated Ortiz can beat Danny Garcia. So I hope Ortiz wins and Garcia takes the fight.

Comment

I didn't realize it would be an upset. The vibe of this fight is that they can both lose by KO to eachother.

Comment

Working...
                    X