Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insight into why Fat Dan Rafael hates Haymon fighters and PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand how rogue posters defend the likes of Rafael, Hauser, Steve Kim, Doug Fischer, Lampley, maybe Kellerman, on and off about GBP, loving HBO & Top Rank, and hating PBC and Haymon and where he ''gets'' his money.

These rogue posters MUST be affiliated to the bias, and furthermore post insecure opinions.

Wasn't Hauser banned from the May vs Berto bout and so some mysterious redrafted material from Montoya and Hauser's PED mess articles reemerge a week before the bout as ''Can Boxing Trust USADA?''

Now, Dan Rafael, not allowed on PBC premises and AGAIN Hauser is on his typewriter?

If Muhammad Ali were alive today and see the politics of the sport I am sure he wouldn't give Hauser any credibility to publish about his life and achievements. Ali was an intellectual.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      I don't understand how rogue posters defend the likes of Rafael, Hauser, Steve Kim, Doug Fischer, Lampley, maybe Kellerman, on and off about GBP, loving HBO & Top Rank, and hating PBC and Haymon and where he ''gets'' his money.

These rogue posters MUST be affiliated to the bias, and furthermore post insecure opinions.

Wasn't Hauser banned from the May vs Berto bout and so some mysterious redrafted material from Montoya and Hauser's PED mess articles reemerge a week before the bout as ''Can Boxing Trust USADA?''

Now, Dan Rafael, not allowed on PBC premises and AGAIN Hauser is on his typewriter?

If Muhammad Ali were alive today and see the politics of the sport I am sure he wouldn't give Hauser any credibility to publish about his life and achievements.
      There is no doubt there are politics & biases at work. I'm not sure anything is possible without some politics & biases these days. It is what it is. But regardless of that I think there were certain things that one could argue led to some of these biases. For sure Fat Dan, being the premier mainstream boxing writer not being invited to the PBC announcement or given preferred status with questions he might have about PBC is just stupid & counterproductive. Is it ****ty the system works like that? Sure. Its ****ty there are starving kids & people who aren't able to support themselves & about a billion other things. Reality is reality doe.

Ali was an intellectual.
      Oh boy. Ali was an intellectual in a room full of special education students maybe. Ali wasn't even smart enough to get approved to fight in the military (until he pissed off enough people with his Muslim ****).

Comment

Dan doesn't have to like AL. That's fine. I agree that Al should've invited all media to press events as they help promote events.

As Dan himself has written he is extremely close with a couple of people at TR. So close that they have seder together. During the Floyd/Manny build up it was clear that Dan was getting all his info from TR and was putting things out that were clearly false. He compromised his integrity and made himself look very biased and unprofessional.

People need to remember that ESPN and HBO have a corporate relationship. anyone expecting Dan to be unbiased and write about boxing fairly is fooling themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          There is no doubt there are politics & biases at work. I'm not sure anything is possible without some politics & biases these days. It is what it is. But regardless of that I think there were certain things that one could argue led to some of these biases. For sure Fat Dan, being the premier mainstream boxing writer not being invited to the PBC announcement or given preferred status with questions he might have about PBC is just stupid & counterproductive. Is it ****ty the system works like that? Sure. Its ****ty there are starving kids & people who aren't able to support themselves & about a billion other things. Reality is reality doe.

Oh boy. Ali was an intellectual in a room full of special education students maybe. Ali wasn't even smart enough to get approved to fight in the military (until he pissed off enough people with his Muslim ****).
          In your first paragraph you started to make sense, but then again, ironically, in your second part you're falling into the criteria of those criticized from what you ''somwhat'' agreed with.

All people mature with time. From what year you're generalizing Ali I have no idea, but AGAIN, Muhammad Ali, the guy that Hauser praises both politically and as a spoken champ, is all significant to how Ali spoke. Dude, I can't even tell if you'Re taking the piss or being sarcastic, but you're on some crack if you think Ali wasn't ''smart'' enough to be drafted. Those can be circumstances from his own intended behalf that we know nothing about claiming to be nationalistic yet secretly doing poorly in testing. We will never know. BUT, in the many interviews spanning Ali the dude is very very aware of how the world worked and turned by traveling alone yet alone his comprehensive approach to answering questions quickly, intellectualy with swag, and honestly.

Comment

He likes classic old movies and good contemporary ones.

“For a guy who obsesses about flying under the radar, Al has a huge ego,” one business associate notes. “It’s not about what other people think of him. Al couldn’t care less what the rest of the world thinks except for the handful of people he respects. It’s about what he thinks of himself.”

These articles are becoming real embarrassing. And that second quote smh. He makes it sound like that's a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              Fuk hauser and fat Dan.
              This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Imagine Adam Schefter trolling Peyton Manning on Twitter, or Tim Kurkjian trolling Albert Pujols, or Michael Wilbon trolling Stephon Curry, or Pierre LeBrun trolling Patrick Kane.

But with boxing, you have Dan Rafael constantly trolling and talking **** about everybody he doesn't like. David Haye, Adrien Broner, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Andre Ward, and on and on and on. And then this mother ****er wants to keep it professional?
                This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I think most of this article is petty & hack-ish, although I expect that from Hauser, but even as a PBC & Haymon fan I think there has been some huge missteps in the last 12 months.

I certainly agree Dan Rafael is a huge assclown, but he's an assclown who's the Mayweather of boxing writers. Dislike him or hate him Rafael has more casual & hardcore boxing fans reading his columns than any other writer. He's a guy you invite to things like the PBC announcement. Rafael gets the 1st question & an exclusive interview. Its not sucking up to Rafael its getting your product & your spin put right into the laps of the people you want watching your product.
                  The problem here is that Dan Rafael has shown ZERO indication that, even with an exclusive interview or getting the 1st question, that he will put the 'right spin' on your product or even fairly report on it.

This is a reporter for the biggest outlet in sports (ESPN), and not once wrote anything significant about the rampant corruption in the sport, the woeful drug testing policies, the contracts promoters habitual pattern of promoters ripping off fighters, networks serving as de facto promoter/managers, etc.

This is a guy who just spent YEARS on the run up to the biggest fight in history and NEVER pinned down Team Pacquiao for a straight and direct answer on their stance on drug testing. He just handed mics to Arum and Roach and printed whatever the hell they said.

How many fans were actually impacted or even knew Rafael wasn't there?

Dude has the most far reaching pulpit for boxing news and spends it in twitter wars and dumb isht (fight dates and touch pieces). What is Dan Rafael's reporting over the past 7-8 years has ever made you a more informed fan?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    In your first paragraph you started to make sense, but then again, ironically, in your second part you're falling into the criteria of those criticized from what you ''somwhat'' agreed with.

All people mature with time. From what year you're generalizing Ali I have no idea, but AGAIN, Muhammad Ali, the guy that Hauser praises both politically and as a spoken champ, is all significant to how Ali spoke. Dude, I can't even tell if you'Re taking the piss or being sarcastic, but you're on some crack if you think Ali wasn't ''smart'' enough to be drafted. Those can be circumstances from his own intended behalf that we know nothing about claiming to be nationalistic yet secretly doing poorly in testing. We will never know. BUT, in the many interviews spanning Ali the dude is very very aware of how the world worked and turned by traveling alone yet alone his comprehensive approach to answering questions quickly, intellectualy with swag, and honestly.
                    Ali didn't get a good enough grade on the test originally. Thats a fact from my understanding. Maybe I'm missing some info there idk. And the "I'm not stupid I just don't test well" stance isn't one I necessarily disagree with & I definitely believe that tests can have certain biases, but this isn't like a school paper where he got a B & shoulda gotten a A. This is some wasn't smart enough to get shot at type test.

And I'd agree Ali got caught up to speed socially with his public experience & with his relationship with Elijah Muhammad & many intelligent muslims over the years, but idk about getting turned into an intellectual. People love to act like Ali was boxing Jesus & to overrate everything he is & he did. He's mostly a very talented strategic boxer (a HW more entertaining Floyd if you will, many of his title fights are beyond boring with him largely just throwing jabs for 12, 15 rounds, that fact is overlooked cuz he was in some of the most historic & entertaining HW fights in history arguably), who had the gift of gab & was at the right place & time & made many good decisions during that period.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                      The problem here is that Dan Rafael has shown ZERO indication that, even with an exclusive interview or getting the 1st question, that he will put the 'right spin' on your product or even fairly report on it.

This is a reporter for the biggest outlet in sports (ESPN), and not once wrote anything significant about the rampant corruption in the sport, the woeful drug testing policies, the contracts promoters habitual pattern of promoters ripping off fighters, networks serving as de facto promoter/managers, etc.

This is a guy who just spent YEARS on the run up to the biggest fight in history and NEVER pinned down Team Pacquiao for a straight and direct answer on their stance on drug testing. He just handed mics to Arum and Roach and printed whatever the hell they said.

How many fans were actually impacted or even knew Rafael wasn't there?

Dude has the most far reaching pulpit for boxing news and spends it in twitter wars and dumb isht (fight dates and touch pieces). What is Dan Rafael's reporting over the past 7-8 years has ever made you a more informed fan?
                      I'll gladly throw stones at Fat Dan, but idk what that matters in this dynamic. He's an assclown like I said originally. Thing is he's an assclown that'll give you press & doesn't seem to pick big enemies randomly. He knows where his bread is buttered & its not with Adrien Broner or random lil dumb beefs like he typically has. If he'd had been given high level PBC access I think its extremely likely he'd be juggling Haymon's balls right now. Is there risk someone turns on you? Sure. Thers is that risk with anything, but its usually more trouble than its worth when its a biting a hand that feds you situation. Surely its better to be friends with Haymon when he's giving you something than when he's not.

Hauser was ****talking HBO til HBO gave him a job. Now he dogs Haymon/PBC. I think if Haymon hired him tomorrow Hauser would go back to dogging HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X