Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Pac Vs Margarito, anyone else think it should have been stopped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Margarito ran out of rounds. In a 15 rounder he rallies back late and bullies Pac to the corner and drops him.

Or goes blind! lol!

Comment

Absolutely should have been stopped. The ref is not supposed to be keeping an eye on the clock and let it keep going if 'it's just another couple rounds'. If the damage being sustained is too severe (I'd say an eye swelling to a cherry counts for this), they are supposed to stop it. Period. Just being on one's feet isn't enough. Shame on the ref and the corner. They both failed to do their jobs.

Comment

Margarito never stopped fighting, and boxers have fought with one eyes plenty of times with varying success. Hindsight is always 20/20, .

Comment

Hard one to stop. You're looking at a small guy facing a much bigger guy and on some level people are bound to think 'How much damage could he be doing?"

A lot as it turned out. Crazy thing about that fight is the that if Tony got on top for one round he probably would have stopped Pac. He only had a few moments in the fight and he still left Manny in bits afterwards.

Comment

The corner/doctor should have stopped it.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              I know people talks about Pacquiao not getting any KOs since 2009, but they could have easily stopped this fight and the Algieri fight.
              Algieri got up on 10 after getting smoked in that hilarious round. It should be a KO win. As should the Margo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                Margarito never stopped fighting, and boxers have fought with one eyes plenty of times with varying success. Hindsight is always 20/20, .
                Not in this case!

Comment

I think it definetely should have been stopped. I have seen tons of fights stopped that were much less one sided with damage that was not nearly as severe.

Comment

I think it definetely should have been stopped. I have seen tons of fights stopped that were much less one sided with damage that was not nearly as severe.

Comment

sorry about double posting.

Comment

Working...
                      X