No announcement yet.

Too Short concert or Ward-Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
    haha perfect, the guy who changes the subject concedes yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobie G View Post
      Oh BTW, ringside seats at Stub Hub have NEVER been 150. Just saying. I've been to too many fights there including that one and I was not ringside and it was 150 above the apron.

Crawford did sell out twice at home. Did Andre? No. How many times did they put Andre in any room at MSG? My bad, he doesn't like to leave Cali for the most part and New York is scary.

Just admit you love him.
      Who the **** is talking about ringside seats at StubHub? Terrence Crawford has never even fought at StubHub Center, clown

Comment

• Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
        I doubt it, break even is likely the worst case scenario, they also set the merchandising sales record for the garden. I just don't see how this fight could have lost money. lets say it did cost 1 million to put the event and 4 milliion for purses.

costs =5 million

income from live gate and ppv alone is approximately 4 million. everything else i listed would have to have not made much money for this fight to have a loss. GGG is an international fighter, if his fight aired in 10-15 countries outside of the US the income generated there would push this closer to a break even fight. To me i dont see how any of Ward fights break even but this fight i see as a break even as a worst case scenario.
        Golovkin-Lemieux, at 4am in the morning, is a fight that I doubt drew a lot of acclaim/notice throughout Europe (BoxNation withstanding); I doubt the attention was much better in Mexico either. Getting to even, adding in the bits as things get known, is a tough slog, imo (and that's before considering if the promoters/co-promoters of the fight ended up taking any money home)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Golovkin-Lemieux, at 4am in the morning, is a fight that I doubt drew a lot of acclaim/notice throughout Europe (BoxNation withstanding); I doubt the attention was much better in Mexico either. Getting to even, adding in the bits as things get known, is a tough slog, imo (and that's before considering if the promoters/co-promoters of the fight ended up taking any money home)
          Of course you would. You are in complete denial that this card made any money despite evidence to the contrary.

"A lot of people focus on the American market, but he had one of the highest rated international shows in the U.K. on BoxNation, on SAT.1 in Germany and the biggest channel in Russia. He was also on Polsat, the biggest channel in Poland, for the first time. And on top of that, the Garden told us we broke the merchandise record for any boxing event there: over $122,000." -Tom Loeffler

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-per-view-buys

Comment

• Originally posted by Finito2K View Post
            Of course you would. You are in complete denial that this card made any money despite evidence to the contrary.

"A lot of people focus on the American market, but he had one of the highest rated international shows in the U.K. on BoxNation, on SAT.1 in Germany and the biggest channel in Russia. He was also on Polsat, the biggest channel in Poland, for the first time. And on top of that, the Garden told us we broke the merchandise record for any boxing event there: over $122,000." -Tom Loeffler

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-per-view-buys
            The cable company takes half. Ask someone who knows the business if you think I'm lying. So the ppv money was probably 2.5 million. It most likely lost money that's why 2 HBO boxing executives steeped down after.

Comment

Working...
            X