Anthony Joshua vs Charles Martin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might come down to who has a chin.

Comment

Serious question, do either of these guys have a jab ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cody8804 View Post
        What's up everyone I'm new. Figured this was as good as any place for my first post. I got Martin in this fight. I think he might be one of these algieri types that is good but we haven't seen much of him yet. He was beating glaskov clean before that weird ending and glaskov was ranked in the top ten by every ranking organization
        That fight told us nothing about neither. Yet we know Glazkov is lazy as shyt, Martin was unimpressive in his 6-7 minute showcase.

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        This fight isn't big enough to have a sticky thread a month out.
        It is ppv in the UK and Joshua is not Irish so the Brits will get behind him like he is the second coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Haven't seen much of Martin, but Joshua has a good jab.

Comment

Yes. Joshua has a very stiff long jab that he can use as a power punch. Martin has an average jab, though he seems to time it well. It's hard to really rate both guys since they haven't really fought anyone where a great jab might come into play. My suspicion is that Joshua has the stronger jab but maybe doesn't use it as well as Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              Unfortunately for Joshua, he doesn’t have the speed, power, explosiveness or the flexibility to be a great slugger. When you look at sluggers, you think of Deontay. He’s got the whole package – speed, explosiveness, power, flexibility and raw talent.
              Wilder's one of a kind. Joshua's just a big stiff idiot who put on a pair of gloves. Difference in levels.

Martin has a great chance here, providing he's not shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                Yes. Joshua has a very stiff long jab that he can use as a power punch. Martin has an average jab, though he seems to time it well. It's hard to really rate both guys since they haven't really fought anyone where a great jab might come into play. My suspicion is that Joshua has the stronger jab but maybe doesn't use it as well as Martin.
                Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                Wilder's one of a kind. Joshua's just a big stiff idiot who put on a pair of gloves. Difference in levels.

Martin has a great chance here, providing he's not shit.
                Do you see any contradictions in your posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Do you see any contradictions in your posts?
                  It's best not to multi quote someone when they are so absurdly peculiar to say the least. You're wasting your energy, I found a good remedy for them, ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Haven't seen much of Martin, but Joshua has a good jab.
                    I've seen precious little of Martin, I'm not even sure what I made of him in the Glazkov fight bar he is slow. He looks as though he can punch and his timing wasn't awful, but I didn't see anything to excite me nor did I see anything to suggest he will be a world beater. This however will be a good win for Joshua and I'd agree his best win as Martin has shown promise with his steady rise and standard of opposition he has defeated, he is comparable to Andy Ruiz I guess, a prospect being brought along slowly.

Comment

I've seen precious little of Martin, I'm not even sure what I made of him in the Glazkov fight bar he is slow. He looks as though he can punch and his timing wasn't awful, but I didn't see anything to excite me nor did I see anything to suggest he will be a world beater. This however will be a good win for Joshua and I'd agree his best win as Martin has shown promise with his steady rise and standard of opposition he has defeated, he is comparable to Andy Ruiz I guess, a prospect being brought along slowly.
                      From what I have seen of Martin (and it isn't much) he's a pretty basic, but good southpaw. can punch with both hands and moves generally OK. I'm not sure I'd say he's a better win than Whyte. I'm not sure who would win in that fight, I feel they are on the same level.

same with Andy Ruiz, Joseph Parker and guys like that. Dominic Breazale also.

Joshua is one level above that imo because he does have a win over a pretty well ranked undefeated prospect.

Comment

Working...
                      X