Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. To Face Vyron Phillips on UR Fight PPV Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMH. They should've gone with Tank Abbot vs Roy Jones.

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
    BS...SRR would have KO'd Jones look slow...retire & go bk 2 Pensacoka, Roy...Times Up!!!
    He should go back to Pensacola and fly his pigeons on the roof. I mean, fight his roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      Kinda looking forward to seeing Tank Abbott v Dan Severn.

Tank looks like a Chinese Jesus these days, hardly recognizable. Haven't seen anything of Severn lately, but gotta imagine the guy is in shape despite being 150 years old - he was genuinely a beast.

The Roy Jones fight? Meh, it's a lose lose. Either you beat a nobody like you should, or you don't, and your career goes down the toilet.

That's assuming it's not down the toilet already.
      Tank Abbott is a drunk, who looked like sh i t in his last fight, which was years ago, and has been brought in as a late replacement.

I'm guessing he isn't in any kind of shape.

Dan Severn has fought steady for the last 30 years basically, but has only beat new comers or fighters with bad losing records for the past 10 or so.

Severn should choke Abbott out in the first round.

Abbott will try to come out and land a haymaker, then fall down and be chocked.

Comment

I don't know if there are any odds on this fight, but if you want to go with the really unlikely scenario, go with Tank by first round KO.

I highly doubt Tank is in condition to go beyond a few minutes.

So safe money is on Severn by choke.

Comment

Damn Roy you are the Barnum Bailey's version of boxing now. SMDH, he definitely has a few screws loose upstairs.

I guess Roy is tired of being put to sleep by pro boxers so he wants to see how it feels to be KO'ed by an average joe. I truly feel Roy loves the sensation that getting knocked out brings.

The only way this event is a success is if the average joe ko's Roy and sends him out on a stretcher.

Comment

I feel really bad for Roy Jones at this point, he is obviously hard up for cash. What an embarrassment for a fighter who used to have so much class, pride, athletic ability and #1 P4P status. His level of desperation has reached a new level. Who's he going to fight next? Ric Flair? Hulk Hogan? Maybe Mickey Rourke would take a dive for him.
            Such a travesty of an event is really a Pray-Per-View, not a Pay-Per-View...

Everyone who remembers when Roy had self respect and dignity should pray for him now. He still does great commentary so his brain can't be completely fried but he is definitely losing credibility and has become a caricature of himself. Poor Roy.

Comment

Working...
            X