Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Marcos "Sledgehammers & Ambulancias" Maidana: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Marcos "Sledgehammers & Ambulancias" Maidana: Who wins?

Any weight.

Canelo might hide behind his fairytale catchweight of 155, move up to 160 and get bodied by GGG or WARdana, or fight at 154 and get mauled by a lighter WARdana.

I have Canelo being stopped late in a bloodbath. The man has bricks for feet and the ring IQ of a re-tard. Maidana is the better boxer, higher ring IQ, more power, the better chin, and has arguably taken less punishment throughout his career.

Thoughts?

Canelito Alvarez by KO/TKO
    60.00%
    Canelito Alvarez by UD/SD/MD
    20.00%
    WARcos WARdana by KO/TKO
    11.11%
    WARcos WARdana by UD/SD/MD
    6.67%
    Draw
    2.22%

Bumped

Comment

Alvarez destroys him, maidana is laughably overrated he was almost ko1'd by amir khan

Comment

I think Canelo wins by easy KO. Maidana only knows one way to fight and that's full speed ahead going for the KO. That is fistic suicide against Canelo. Canelo has every possible advantage. Canelo is much bigger. He is also faster. He hits harder and takes a punch better than Maidana. He is a much better boxer on offense and defense. Maidana is easy to hit clean while Canelo is difficult to hit clean. Maidana is very heavy now from no training and overeating. He hasn't grown into a bigger man. His best weight is still probably 140 or 147 tops. he has been hurt and dropped by boxers with much less power than Canelo. I am a big fan of both fighters but Canelo is bigger and better.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Any weight.

Canelo might hide behind his fairytale catchweight of 155, move up to 160 and get bodied by GGG or WARdana, or fight at 154 and get mauled by a lighter WARdana.

I have Canelo being stopped late in a bloodbath. The man has bricks for feet and the ring IQ of a re-tard. Maidana is the better boxer, higher ring IQ, more power, the better chin, and has arguably taken less punishment throughout his career.

Thoughts?

Nice speech about how vastly superior Maidana is to Canelo. Interestingly enough Canelo is soon to fight Amir Khan. Amir Khan knocked Maidana down and won a ud. Let's see if Canelo with his brick feet and ******ed ring IQ does better or worse against Khan than Maidana did. OK, Canelo hater?

Comment

Canelo would beat the hell out of Maidana, and Maidana would quit on his stool or give up after being beaten up and dropped..

Maidana is third world rich now after the floyd fights.. He isn't going to have the hunger to stay in a war with the bigger stronger canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Nice speech about how vastly superior Maidana is to Canelo. Interestingly enough Canelo is soon to fight Amir Khan. Amir Khan knocked Maidana down and won a ud. Let's see if Canelo with his brick feet and ******ed ring IQ does better or worse against Khan than Maidana did. OK, Canelo hater?
              How much would it really matter though? Styles make fights. I am on record saying Amir Khan is a bad matchup for Canelo stylistically as a matter of fact. Canelo has bricks for feet and Khan is fast on his feet and has fast hands. Win or lose his face is going to get messed up, unless he puts Khan out early. There's always the chance of that.

Would you put money on Amir Khan in a rematch against Maidana? I wouldn't. Amir Khan has barely progressed as a fighter since then, Maidana has gone up levels, super saiyan style.

Comment

I think Canelo wins by easy KO. Maidana only knows one way to fight and that's full speed ahead going for the KO. That is fistic suicide against Canelo. Canelo has every possible advantage. Canelo is much bigger. He is also faster. He hits harder and takes a punch better than Maidana. He is a much better boxer on offense and defense. Maidana is easy to hit clean while Canelo is difficult to hit clean. Maidana is very heavy now from no training and overeating. He hasn't grown into a bigger man. His best weight is still probably 140 or 147 tops. he has been hurt and dropped by boxers with much less power than Canelo. I am a big fan of both fighters but Canelo is bigger and better.
                The bolded is wrong. p4p Maidana has more power, it's really not close. Canelo has heavy hands, cumulative power, not tide turning power like Chino. When has Maidana ever been hurt by a shot to the chin? And the recent Maidana isn't easy to hit cleanly. At all. Canelo gets hit by everyone. Are you kidding? Have you even seen him fight? That's just hilarious. Canelo would land on Maidana but would get outboxed, bullied, and be forced into a life and death struggle.

Comment

Not sure about this bit, Maidana hits very hard and takes a punch well. The body shot Khan hit him with was nasty but he got back up and was very close to stopping Khan. I do think Canelo's power is overrated but I could just see him using his superior boxing to get a UD over Maidana.

Comment

That's the thing.. Maidana's been retired for almost two years....he hit his peak against Broner/Floyd.
                    Put Canelo vs. Maidana following the 1st Floyd fight, and he probably wrecks Alvarez

Comment

Working...
                    X