Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julian Williams Dominates, Stops Matano: Earns Charlo Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Julian Williams Dominates, Stop Matano: Earns Charlo Shot

Sands Bethlehem Event Center in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - Julian Williams (22-0-1, 14 KOs) stopped a woefully overmatched Marcello Matano (16-2, 5 KOs) at 2:24 of round seven to be become the mandatory challenger to IBF junior middleweight champion Jermall Charlo.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      One thing Williams does that Douglas didn't do is keep his right hand glued to the side of his head during exchanges.
      And he's fighting a guy vastly less talented.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        And he's fighting a guy vastly less talented.
        Maybe, but Khurtsidze's advantage was his experience as much as his talent. Plus that left hook was ****ing deadly. Good win for that midget. I wouldn't mind Blow Job-Khurtsidze next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Maybe, but Khurtsidze's advantage was his experience as much as his talent. Plus that left hook was ****ing deadly. Good win for that midget. I wouldn't mind Blow Job-Khurtsidze next.
          Blow job? Oh you talking about BJS, yeah that would be interesting. True 50/50. BJS has never faced pressure like that and seems to like a more slow paced fight.

And I'm very disappointed in Antoine's team. Fight went on too long. They should have pulled out after Sam Soliman got injured or atleast used their smarts and took him out after the cut occurred. Could have gotten a NC when it was obvious he was in too deep. It was boy vs man in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
            And I'm very disappointed in Antoine's team. Fight went on too long. They should have pulled out after Sam Soliman got injured or atleast used their smarts and took him out after the cut occurred. Could have gotten a NC when it was obvious he was in too deep. It was boy vs man in there.
            No they made the right choice. Once the bell rings, you have to give it all you got, and he did. It wasn't enough, and maybe that knocks him off his path, but he fought for it, and you gotta commend him for that.

Comment

• Wait Douglas lost? lol a lot of people were excited for him on here

Comment

• People who say that Diaz vs Conor fight was better than anything obviously didnt watch the Khurtsidze vs Douglas fight, Khurtsidze came out like a mini tyson and Douglas had too much heart I was worried for his personally health at the end and wanted them to stop it but they let it go on and he got stopped. This was a great fight.

Williams vs Matono was good fight went how we all thought it was gonna go, jRock is legit and needs to be put in their tough now imo, Matono tough as nails was trying to make it a rugged fight so he can sneak punches in on the inside and he was landing just didnt have any pop on them but he was landing more than his fair share, but damn does Matono have heart when he got stopped he ate shots non stop from one side of the ring to the other and didnt go down was just floppying everywhere lol.

Feguson vs gerrero what can we say we knew guerrero was gonna get stopped with his goofy ass outfit (should be a rule about that fluffy fur on the shoes hate that). Guerrero is one of those fighters that look good to the eye but he just can never win when hes under those lights he chin is class. Ferguson won soon as he landed flush on guerrero.

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
                  People who say that Diaz vs Conor fight was better than anything obviously didnt watch the Khurtsidze vs Douglas fight, Khurtsidze came out like a mini tyson and Douglas had too much heart I was worried for his personally health at the end and wanted them to stop it but they let it go on and he got stopped. This was a great fight.
                  This is the truth. Everybody is *****ing about the state of boxing and those same people didn't even bother to watch that fight. Douglas is OK. He will bounce back better from this.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    This is the truth. Everybody is *****ing about the state of boxing and those same people didn't even bother to watch that fight. Douglas is OK. He will bounce back better from this.
                    yeah I think lack of experience with that type of style hurt douglas more than anything he didnt know how to combat it and when he finally did he was too tired and hurt to properly execute.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      I didn't like the beating that the ref & Douglas' corner let the kid take. You have to draw the line between what's good experience & what could get a fighter hurt or maybe even ruin him.

Comment

Working...
                      X