Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poverty purse levels

best fighter in the world he said

Comment

Uh, I don't know who McGregor is, but why are they hyping him up? It's like they're always looking for some person to hype up against boxers, like if they would easily beat them or something. This strategy is getting old. I've seen a couple headlines for articles about this guy boxing Mayweather or being as flashy as him. And before that it was Rousey. And before that it was St. Pierre. And before that it was Liddell.

All I'm saying is that MMA needs to try to stand on its own. Again, in theory, an MMA fighter from birth with great training SHOULD have an advantage. But, those fighters DON'T exist yet. Hence, boxers have as much of a chance as anybody else in MMA.

If you need a reference, check out Rousey vs Holm.

Comment

Nice. Good for McGregor. Good for Diaz & Holm for knocking down half a mill too. Assume McGregor to have a sexy PPV points deal too so he's looking at a few mill tonight for what is likely to be a showcase level fight as Diaz is in no position to even be fighting a champion caliber guy right now.

Comment

Wow, why is this guy getting paid this much!? If he was black he'd be earning peanuts as payment!

Comment

That $1 mil aint **** considering his PPV numbers and selling out the MGM again. McGregor is a fighter not a promoter. The bulk of his money should come from his purse not selling PPV's. The promoter's job is to promote and sell PPV's

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              That $1 mil aint **** considering his PPV numbers and selling out the MGM again. McGregor is a fighter not a promoter. The bulk of his money should come from his purse not selling PPV's. The promoter's job is to promote and sell PPV's
              White makes Arum or King look like a generous guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                How so? Bradley got paid more than McGregor fighting on HBO. Not even PPV. I can't believe this is McGregors first million dollar purse

Comment

How so? Bradley got paid more than McGregor fighting on HBO. Not even PPV. I can't believe this is McGregors first million dollar purse
                  That's what he means. He is saying White is very stingy, and he makes Arum and King look like nice promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    That's what he means. He is saying White is very stingy, and he makes Arum and King look like nice promoters.
                    Ok I see. My bad

Comment

This is just his guarantee.... He is gonna get PPv cut...

Just like floyd had the 32 mil every fight for showtime, but would wind up making 50-75 mill after PPv upside..

Mccgregor gonna make 5-10 million when it's all said and done...

Mma stars aren't on that tyson, Oscar, floyd, manny pay level.. But they are in the cotto, Canelo pay level...

and Conor can do something canelo, cotto, ggg, roman, Ward, Kovolev and any other boxer not named manny n floyd--- Conor can draw a million+ PPv buys..

Boxong is dead... Cotto-canelo doesn't break 1 million buys, Conor breaking 1 million with a late replacement opponent

Comment

Working...
                      X