No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Browne Gets Off The Floor, Knocks Chagaev Out For WBA Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son of a............

Well, believe it, he won't have the belt for long. First top 10 HW takes it. Would luv to see Haye go to Oz and put his lights owwwwiiittt.

Comment

Chagaev's fat ass was huffing and puffing by the 7th round. Lucas Browne has **** defense and is a slow puncher. These guys looked like 2 pretty good bums fighting tonight. I don't think either of these guys will be trouble for the top heavyweights.

Comment

The heavyweight makeover continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
          Chagaev's fat ass was huffing and puffing by the 7th round. Lucas Browne has **** defense and is a slow puncher. These guys looked like 2 pretty good bums fighting tonight. I don't think either of these guys will be trouble for the top heavyweights.
          You need a good optician. They were lively, swinging, and moving all the way up to the end. Not many heavies are that active in the later rounds. Not many heavies use such a variety of attacks either. They aren't top their guys but your analysis of the fight was poor.

Comment

That was a fun fight, I think in the end Browne´s grit and stamina made the difference. Chagaev got tired, slowed down and got caught. Browne actually looked like a pro boxer, I bet he had the hardest camp of his life. Congrats.

Comment

Watching the KO on YouTube it looks like Browne didn't even get any power behind that right hand. Crazy that the punch ended up stopping Chagaev.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oquendo beats Browne.

Comment

Nice fight, this, despite the lack of quality.

Both guys very hittable. Made for an entertaining scrap. Browne gets stopped then next time he steps up.

Comment

Excellent win for Browne!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Watching the KO on YouTube it looks like Browne didn't even get any power behind that right hand. Crazy that the punch ended up stopping Chagaev.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oquendo beats Browne.
                    Browne's one of those guys who can hurt fighters with glancing blows. He's not the hardest puncher in the division, but he is one of the most heavy handed.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Nice fight, this, despite the lack of quality.

Both guys very hittable. Made for an entertaining scrap. Browne gets stopped then next time he steps up.
                      Browne's pretty flawed and lacks that natural rhythm that a lot of fighters have but he makes up for it with great heart and determination. Also seems like quite a smart guy, so it's unlikely he's going to fight a silly fight or make any major tactical errors that aren't enforced upon him. He's also heavy handed as fcuk and doesn't mind letting his hands go. Whether he gets stopped the next time he steps up depends on who he's fighting. I think he could take out someone like Ustinov or Helenius, and might give a fighter like Pulev a hard time.

I like that he's friends with Fury as he'll learn a hell of a lot from the champ. Browne's going hit his limit soon, but until he does he's going to surprise a few people yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X