No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Lundy HBO Headliner Averages 982,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    yeah, i don't see how this is "terrible" at all. it's only like 100k off target
    It actually gives me a good feeling that crawford can really be one of the next big stars. Overall its a boxing fight and it held its own against a basketball game which honestly im surprised it didnt draw like 500k or something

Comment

Showtime's ****ty numbers actually hurt HBO boxing in the long run. If Showtime was still getting strong numbers it would push HBO to step up its game. Right now, Showtime's numbers give the impression there's low demand for the sport, thus no reason to increase the level of investment.

Comment

Is it just me or has Boxingscene just stopped posting Showtime viewership numbers and then we just rely on other people posting them from viewership websites?

Comment

they're only slightly below average, and there was a competing showtime card. plus crawford isn't a big TV draw and his opponent was uninspiring

the number is fine

now, showtime on the other hand...
          Plus...If...Just because...Sounds like excuse making to me

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
            Plus...If...Just because...Sounds like excuse making to me
            no excuses are needed. an average card scored average viewing figures. you can (and should) criticise the match making here, but there's nothing wrong with the numbers

anyone trying to spin this as a terrible result is clearly just trying to deflect attention from the flop on showtime, which i have no idea why anyone would bother to do that but this site is weird sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
              It actually gives me a good feeling that crawford can really be one of the next big stars. Overall its a boxing fight and it held its own against a basketball game which honestly im surprised it didnt draw like 500k or something
              Didn't the basketball game draw over 5 million viewers? Compared to not even 1 million viewers for the Crawford fight ... that's not really holding it's own

Crawford clearly beat out showtime, but there's still a massive differential in viewership from hbo boxing to the NBA

Heck even when boxing was on ESPN (Thurman-Collazo & Garcia-Malignaggi) it didn't do anywhere near the numbers Alabama-Auburn (13 million viewers)

I've always seen boxing as a sport that's polarizing in nature, and hard to market to the masses, especially with Premium cable (HBO, showtime) still in the mix.

Comment

no excuses are needed. an average card scored average viewing figures. you can (and should) criticise the match making here, but there's nothing wrong with the numbers

anyone trying to spin this as a terrible result is clearly just trying to deflect attention from the flop on showtime, which i have no idea why anyone would bother to do that but this site is weird sometimes
                Honestly I didn't watch either, and I don't too much care about the numbers, but if SHO did these numbers for anyone it would be labeled a flop. Just pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                  Honestly I didn't watch either, and I don't too much care about the numbers, but if SHO did these numbers for anyone it would be labeled a flop. Just pointing that out.
                  The fcuk are you trying to say? If Sho did Crawford numbers it'd be their best rating of the year. They're doing 3-4x less ffs

Comment

Decent numbers IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      The fcuk are you trying to say? If Sho did Crawford numbers it'd be their best rating of the year. They're doing 3-4x less ffs
                      And people such as yourself would still complain

Comment

Working...
                      X