No announcement yet.

Bob Arum/Top Rank have no leverage with HBO or Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PKing View Post
    So... it's public knowledge that HBO turned down Walters-Lomanchenko.

He wants to sell the fight to Showtime... but who is the next highest bidder for the fight?

NOBODY.

Showtime should offer $400k max for the fight and watch Arum do nothing lol.
    Whats your issue with this fight?? its actually a damn good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Yeah that quite the idea....then the fight doesn't happen imbecile
      Fine with me... let the market dictate what the fight is worth. Put that shiet on PPV smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
        Whats your issue with this fight?? its actually a damn good fight
        Who said I had an issue with this fight?

I'm merely stating facts... Arum has no leverage to ask for big $$$. The fight won't do ratings.

No need to overpay when there is no second bidder whatsoever.

Comment

Who said I had an issue with this fight?

I'm merely stating facts... Arum has no leverage to ask for big $$$. The fight won't do ratings.

No need to overpay when there is no second bidder whatsoever.
          I honestly do not care about all that type of stuff, just want to see good fights be made..all that other **** does not concern me at all

Comment

[QUOTE=larryx..;16505454]I honestly do not care about all that type of stuff, just want to see good fights be made..all that other **** does not concern me at all[/QUOTE

Good for you!

Comment

Fine with me... let the market dictate what the fight is worth. Put that shiet on PPV smart guy.
              Yeah who cares if a great fight like Lomo-Walters happens...smh..people wonder why boxing is always declining...probably because it has "fans" like you

Comment

Yeah who cares if a great fight like Lomo-Walters happens...smh..people wonder why boxing is always declining...probably because it has "fans" like you
                Not surprising you're missing the whole point but WHY would Showtime pay $2 million+ for the fight when Arum's only outlet is Solo Boxes paying $50k.

Why?

Because YOU want them to? Lol

Comment

Not surprising you're missing the whole point but WHY would Showtime pay $2 million+ for the fight when Arum's only outlet is Solo Boxes paying $50k.

Why?

The point is there won't be a fight unless he gets what he needs to pay the fighters...they won't fight for 150k each against each other...the fights worth 2 million if Crawford-Lundy got like 1.5 that's for sure..

Comment

Why?

Who gives a **** what they do or dont pay?? why does this concern you?

Comment

The point is there won't be a fight unless he gets what he needs to pay the fighters...they won't fight for 150k each against each other...the fights worth 2 million if Crawford-Lundy got like 1.5 that's for sure..
                      And then there's this thing called market economics.

The price to pay according to competitive bids and the ratings it will draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X