Name 1 thing about your favorite fighter that dissapointed you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing; Kovalev is flawless.

Comment

He's not my absolute favourite but i'm disappointed Calzaghe never dared to be great, especially when he was younger and his hands weren't shot and he could punch. He had the ability to beat just about anybody and showed how good he could be at times by taking a prime Kessler's 0 when Calzaghe was probably past prime. I just think the world never got to see the best of Calzaghe, he just didn't have the desire to be great when he would have been difficult to beat for anybody.

Comment

Lucas giving up against Postol but I understand why.

Comment

Ali's loss to Spinks and not retiring sooner. Still the GOAT!

Comment

Jmm drinking his urine.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              4 of my all time favorite fighters:

Felix Trinidad, disappointed that he didn't stay retired after the Cherifi fight, his legacy feels damaged over the ill advised & ill scheduled (Winky Wright? Really + RJJ @ 170lbs? Okay) 2nd & 3rd comebacks

Floyd Mayweather, disappointed he went out vs Berto, who actually fit the bill of a cherry picked opponent for the first time even doe he'd been accused of cherry picking for years by dum dums

Roy Jones, disappointed that he didn't know when to hang them up in the numerous times his skills were telling him it was time

James Toney, disappointed he didn't take his physical shape more seriously, Toney in his prime years was like a chubby girl with a midriff shirt not giving a f#ck about her fat rolls showing, I sometimes wonder the heights Toney would have been able to attain if he'd only taken as much time keeping his body in shape as he did with keeping his boxing skills on point
              Ill just highjack this one, although I didn't trip off Floyd vs berto that much!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Nothing; Kovalev is flawless.
                He went easy on Hopkins, he could have been the first fighter to KO the old man but only looked for the KO in the last round, after Bhop stuck out his tongue at him.

Comment

My top 3 fighters:

Gamboa - Inactivity, terrible promotional decisions, fighting in the wrong weight class.

Canelo - No need to hold the MW title, would prefer he just fought at 154.

Brook - Eddie Hearn (who I hope he gets away from) and his poor run of fights since beating Porter.

Comment

I wished Hagler had not taken a 50/50 split with Leonard in exchange for the wider ring. Thought it cost him the fight.

I wish Floyd did not retire the 1st time. He said it was his hands, which I thought was only partly the issue. He made the right move to build his brand, but cost himself FOTD.

Comment

Hmmm..

Calzaghe - Taking his whole career to get Warren to give him good fights, i don't see anything wrong with losing against a great... he didn't have that chance either due to him or promoter.

Groves - His attitude when he loses of it's not his fault or complaining to boards, just not classy.

Comment

Working...
                      X