No announcement yet.

Once again an Irishman beats the **** out of a Brit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishGolovkin View Post
    Hard to compare a country of 4.5 million to a country of 65 million though. Ireland definitely punches above its weight overall.

Best country in the world at sports given their population imo. Competitive in so many and the two biggest sports in the country are amateur sports that aren't even played outside of the country.
    not heard of New Zealand then?

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      As expected the fighting pride of Ireland Carl Frampton slapped Quigg around.
      Irish folks are some tough sob's... same can be said about the ******ns.

Comment

Rubbish fight. I'd have fizzed it on if I hadn't been watching it live.

That was not "beating the turd out of him"

Comment

But of a pointless thread considering frampton is British

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
            No he isn't. He is part of the UK, which is great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Sorry just being a pedant

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              not heard of New Zealand then?
              Good shout too. Right up there in the conversation in fairness. Would argue they are elite in more sports (cricket and rugby) but not competitive in as many as Ireland.

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
              Has always boxed for Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                My dad is Irish (American) and he always told me that Northern Ireland is NOT Ireland.
                They are separate countries technically. Some people from NI view themselves as Irish, some as British. Its complicated.

Frampton pretty much unites both when he fights. He boxed as an amateur for Ireland though.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                  My dad is Irish (American) and he always told me that Northern Ireland is NOT Ireland.
                  They all class themselves as Irish. Whether they're from the republic or part of the UK, all Irish will consider themselves Irish first, just as the Scottish consider themselves Scottish first, and Welsh etc...It just so happens that Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom but they will consider themselves Irish first, no matter if they're loyalists to the UK or if they wanted
                  independence.

They're all Irish.

But then you're getting into the debate about "the troubles". But even the loyalists to the UK will identify themselves as Irish first, even if they want to be part of the UK.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-05-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

pity that the fighting pride of ireland decides to go the shingo way instead of growing a pair and fighting rigo like he said several times before the fight, when is he going to turn in his irish card?

Comment

Working...
                    X