Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frampton vs Rigondeaux and why I doubt it happens.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel that his move to RNS was about as bad (if not worse) than staying with Top Rank.

At least with Top Rank the possibility of Rigo-Loma was out there. Now chances of that happening are slim to none. Loma is in the middle of talks to fight Walters. That will lead to bigger matches for both fighters.

Rigo may not be able to fight any of the high profile guys since Top Rank will lock him out of fighting their guys and RNS won't do business with guys advised by Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Frampton. Good off the backfoot when you're coming at him, but that's not Rigo and it's gonna be a difficult fight for him
      Ok yea I agree with you. It would be a straight boxing match were Rigo is too skilled. If Quigg fought Rigo he would get countered all day

Comment

Huge Rigo fan but once again he made the WRONG Career move by signing with Roc Nation instead of Haymon. You have to know what is going on around you and in and around his Division most of those guys are with Haymon. So by signing with Haymon would've put him right in the mix for the winner of Frampton vs Quigg

They will just ignore Rigo just like 154 ignores Andrade and just like Postol is not being ***ing ignored at 140 now. Like Richar Abril gets ignored at 135. It has nothing to do with fear from the fighters it is the BS Politics that goes out between the people that represent these fighters that is screwing everything up. I blame Caribe here, what exactly has changed since he left Gary Hyde? Everything still seems the same as it was with his career to me

Rigondeaux is being managed POORLY then you throw in the fact that Fans as whole don't rally behind him because many don't like his fighting style so he literally has nobody to campaign for him besides Hardcore Boxing Fans and nobody listen to us anyway lol
        Last edited by sicko; 02-28-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Good post. I'll stick mainly to these last two paragraphs. I agree Rigo has no one to blame but himself for his career trajectory. He's tested my patience in the past, but that last snoozer really made me throw up my hands in disgust and resignation. There was absolutely no reason for him to put out that kind of effort. It was a slap in the face to even his diehard fans.

Frankly, I don't think Rigo is a dumb guy. He seems pretty quick-witted. I think it's a cultural thing with him. His reality seems opposed to the reality most of us know. Guille isn't alone. Gamboa is/was the same way. And it's not just Cubans in boxing, even guys like baseball star Yasiel Puig appear to have a hard time handling their existence outside of Cuba. Its just a shame. Rigo's talent is rare. We'll never know what could have been.
          I see and thank you for clarifying the mindset Guillermo and his fellow countrymen seem to be burdened with. If anything it reminds me of Pacquiao and his stubbornness to remain loyal to Arum, whom continues to make a fool of him. Like you stated, it may very well a cultural thing. However that doesn't take away from the fact that he does himself no favors by dismissing the publics demands of entertainment and coasting to a safe but boring decision on the cards.

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          I don't like to mix and match issues. No one should get a pass for the shameful behavior and cowardice that took place in this weight division. Nonito Donaire took on the Rigondeaux fight when it offered him no economic value. You know why? Because he's a ****ing warrior, a future hall of famer, a real competitor and had the mentality of be the best or die trying.

I understand fully that Caribe is a team of incompetent leeches. But don't get it twisted. That doesn't change the fact that these cowards care more about getting the A-side dressing room than proving their skills against the lineal champion.

They literally ducked their way into a unification. Inexcusable.
          Not excusing anyone but calling it how I see it; the post is my personal opinion after all. It's not a matter of mix matching situations neither, it's a legitimate issue that will hold Guillermo's greatness hostage for the remainder of his career. Unless RNS wins a purse bid and Frampton doesn't move up for the more lucrative fights, I doubt he will be able to corner any significant name into a fight.

Also, Nonito is and was a special fighter in his rise through the ranks. He took on several challenges and won most of them. He also took the fight because not only was Guillermo under TR himself at the time but because Arum forked over more than a hefty amount for Nonito to take the fight, as well as Nonito's willingness to challenge himself and attempt to escape Pacquiao's shadow and make a name for himself.

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Does Frampton have any power? I don't think he hurts Rigo or Rigo hurts him it would turn to a straight boxing match where Rigo schools him. But Frampton can fight Santa or even Mares if he wins and make alot more money
          I think it would be a chess match that would bore the general public. Frampton is versatile and has power in both hands but he boxes for the most part, thus playing into Rigo's hands and allowing him to spin his web of effortless boxing wizardry till the point of a unanimous decision. Rigondeaux can be caught and dropped, thus giving Frampton a puncher's chance but I see not much else. I would root for Frampton because he's a personal favorite of mine but that doesn't make me blind to the facts.

Comment

It won't happen because according to Santa Cruz, Haymon wouldn't let him fight Rigondeaux. Isn't Frampton with PBC now? If so, Haymon will keep the midget in house to be more cannon fodder for Leo Santa Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              I
              Not excusing anyone but calling it how I see it; the post is my personal opinion after all. It's not a matter of mix matching situations neither, it's a legitimate issue that will hold Guillermo's greatness hostage for the remainder of his career. Unless RNS wins a purse bid and Frampton doesn't move up for the more lucrative fights, I doubt he will be able to corner any significant name into a fight.

Also, Nonito is and was a special fighter in his rise through the ranks. He took on several challenges and won most of them. He also took the fight because not only was Guillermo under TR himself at the time but because Arum forked over more than a hefty amount for Nonito to take the fight, as well as Nonito's willingness to challenge himself and attempt to escape Pacquiao's shadow and make a name for himself.
              I don't disagree with you. I just think it's 2 completely different issues.

1. Yes, his loyalty to Caribe and over sense of self worth, refusal to move up, etc. killed his career....but

2. That has nothing to do with Frampton and Quigg. There's no promotional beef with RNS or Gary Hyde. Nonito was on pace to be a bigger star than both of them and he took the fight because that's what your supposed to do.

And by "Frampton and Quigg" I'm referring to their management not necessarily them as fighters. I'm sure Frampton would want to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Now tell us what his promoter said
                I did, yesterday, and I created a thread about it specifically!

Comment

You are right. Rigo makes bad decisions. Arum does a good job with fighters that stay with him and Rigo should have just stayed with Arum and he probably would have gotten more an better fights in the long run. Rigo may have seen better days but I think he is still the best and knocks out Frampton with no problem.

Comment

I don't blame Rigo for not going up in weight. He makes 122 with ease. That's his weight and he is the man to beat at 122. Let the others come to his weight if they want to fight him so badly. When two very good fighters meet at 126 a natural 126 pounder does have a slight advantage over a natural 122 pounder and it could be the difference between winning and losing.

Comment

I really want to, but I ain't reading all that shlt lol

Comment

Working...
                      X