Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently there's a rematch clause in the contract but only if Thurman loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently there's a rematch clause in the contract but only if Thurman loses

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article23518.html

Does keith run time even have confidence anymore?
    Sheesh these two could have fought already in December but for some reason Keith didnt want it then or now
    Last edited by aldo5408; 02-26-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

What's the point of a rematch clause if there's no fight in the first place? Last week it was a car accident, next month Keith will fall down the stairs or some ****. SHOOK TIME

Comment

It's been obvious since day one that Hymen doesn't respect Porter. He likes these fake ass wannabe's that don't have real confidence in themselves. Thurman knows he'll likely get his ass whooped and Hymen can't afford to have another star embarrassed like Broner was.

Comment

I still remember the days when Porter was simply known as "Pacquiao's sparring partner". And now he's being ducked and avoided like the plague. Shows how good Pacquiao really is.

Comment

Originally posted by BromethuesBob View Post
            I still remember the days when Porter was simply known as "Pacquiao's sparring partner". And now he's being ducked and avoided like the plague. Shows how good Pacquiao really is.
            They won't push Porter because he's private and conservative

Comment

Well Thurman is the champion so I dont see why this is an issue

Comment

Originally posted by BromethuesBob View Post
                The rematch clause will not be exercised because Thurman will not go through with the fight. Thurman's next opponent will be against perennial loser, Chris Algieri, followed by a rematch with Diaz. He is not going anywhere near Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  It's been obvious since day one that Hymen doesn't respect Porter. He likes these fake ass wannabe's that don't have real confidence in themselves. Thurman knows he'll likely get his ass whooped and Hymen can't afford to have another star embarrassed like Broner was.
                  Thurman is not a star. Thurman will be embarrassed, just like Broner, as soon as he steps in the ring with a quality opponent. However, with Thurman, that will likely be two to three more years.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    Thurman is not a star. Thurman will be embarrassed, just like Broner, as soon as he steps in the ring with a quality opponent. However, with Thurman, that will likely be two to three more years.
                    You see how hard and onerous it has been to get him in the ring with Porter, this is by design. Both he and Hymen know that Porter is too much for him. The same thing happened in the Broner fight, they tried like hell to drain Porter to give Broner a chance and he still got schooled. Porter is like the red headed stepchild of PBC, I don't get it honestly. Porter is a good dude and they should be hyping him up as one of their top guys instead of treating him like crap but I think his affiliation with Roach and TR is the reason behind it.

Comment

Working...
                    X