No announcement yet.

May weather vs Pacquiao - Technical Review of a one sided fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Mayweather won for sure. The judges scored it 8 rounds to 4 rounds for Mayweather. That is a clear win but not a one sided fight. Pacquiao definitely clearly won some rounds when he chased Mayweather and landed more and harder punches. Mayweather's own father screamed at him after several rounds to quit fighting scared. Mayweather won but not by as much as you are saying. You scored the fight as a bias Mayweather fan and not as a fair and neutral observer.
    I'm not a biased mayweather fan. I scored the fight 10-2 and lac only outlander mayweather in two rounds. I'm just highlighting reality again

Comment

lol @ manny lunging in and getting timed though, never gets old.

Comment

Mayweather won for sure. The judges scored it 8 rounds to 4 rounds for Mayweather. That is a clear win but not a one sided fight. Pacquiao definitely clearly won some rounds when he chased Mayweather and landed more and harder punches. Mayweather's own father screamed at him after several rounds to quit fighting scared. Mayweather won but not by as much as you are saying. You scored the fight as a bias Mayweather fan and not as a fair and neutral observer.
        winning 3 or 4 out of 12 rounds is not very competitive...Yea lets act like if the fight wasnt closer people wouldnt be screaming robbery...Floyd Senior knew that and anyone with a brain does besides Manny d!ckriders.....He wanted him to leave no doubt. and actually he didnt say that in rounds...I recall one round when Senior yelled at him. What was Roach doing in the corner....umm...uhh...throw punches....uh um.....shoulder rub??? No shoulder rub, complaints of pain, no wincing. They came in the fight with no game plan and it showed....move on and get over it

Comment

The judges scored the fight 118 to 110, 116 to 112 and 116 to 112. So one judge gave Pacquiao 2 rounds and the other two judges both gave Pacquiao 4 rounds. Pacquiao winning 4 of the 12 rounds on two judges cards means it wasn't a one sided fight. These are neutral professional judges who know all about how to score a fight. If they were going to show favoritism to either fighter it would be favoritism for Las Vegas USA resident and the face of boxing, Floyd Mayweather, not a foreign boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
            [MENTION]Spoon23[MENTION] I won't spend ages going back and forth with you on this, no disrespect but you seem to spend to much time trying to convince people pac won this fight when it was actually extremely one sided.
            Pffffft.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              winning 3 or 4 out of 12 rounds is not very competitive...Yea lets act like if the fight wasnt closer people wouldnt be screaming robbery...Floyd Senior knew that and anyone with a brain does besides Manny d!ckriders.....He wanted him to leave no doubt. and actually he didnt say that in rounds...I recall one round when Senior yelled at him. What was Roach doing in the corner....umm...uhh...throw punches....uh um.....shoulder rub??? No shoulder rub, complaints of pain, no wincing. They came in the fight with no game plan and it showed....move on and get over it
              Winning 4 rounds out of 12 is a reasonably competitive fight to me and I don't give damn if you don't think so.I said Mayweather clearly won so what the fuc do you want out of me, Mayweather lover? Because I don't think Mayweather won by a mile doesn't make me a Manny dickrider, Floyd dickrider. I didn't start the thread so I don't have to get over a damn thing or move on to a damn thing. You Mayweather nuts are the ones who need to move on and quit trying to turn his good win over Pacquiao into a one sided shutout it never was.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                [MENTION]Spoon23[MENTION] I won't spend ages going back and forth with you on this, no disrespect but you seem to spend to much time trying to convince people pac won this fight when it was actually extremely one sided.

The first thing we are going to look at is how to score a fight, I think that this is the major area a lot of people stumble on scoring a fight is straight forward but many people don't understand how to and as result of this will occasionally blurt out nonsensical ramblings when trying to communicate a point you know the saying

Ok let's start the core elements in a fight and determining who won are firstly fights are scored round by round ok so you can't score a fight to Pac for landing a good punch in a single round, the crowd isn't scored so crowd cheering or not makes no difference. Judges look for punches that land on the face or side of head and front or side of Torso. Also fighters who 'Effectively aggressive' so someone who is moving forward consistently and landing punches just moving forward is not effective.
                Also ring generalship is important so the person who dictates the way the fight is thought also gets credit (No way to deny this was a floyd type of fight hence why it was boring.)
                Then finally defence making your opponent miss.

It's funny the discussion we are having as you are debating who won, My argument is not who won but how this is in no way a close fight.

Firstly the whole fight including round 4 and 6 the two rounds usually given to pac Floyd controlled the range. You guys would call it running but if Pac was a superior fighter he would cut off the ring and win. Cotto tried to run from Pac once he was hurt it didn't work and he got stopped Floyd dominated the distance with his jab that kept Manny from running in recklessly as he knew a straight right would be coming right behind it. You can't have it both ways if Floyd 'ran' according to you then he was in control of the pace of the fight and the distance of the fight this is effective ring generalship.

Pac is a legend and amazing fighter but he has always had a problem with measuring and controlling distance and this is why he'd often lunge in. Pac has been unable to cut off the ring for a long time as showcased in the fight against Mosley, the entire fight was fought where Floyd wanted it to be Marquez also took advantage of this and knocked Pacquiao out.

Hope fully you have to be able to determine that Floyd demonstrated superior ring generalship in this fight, if not you must be of the opinion that the fight was boring because of Pac and he intentionally threw a career low amount of punches.

So onto the next point Punches landed The most substantial punch landed in the fight was probably the shot pac landed on Floyd in round 4 lets get that out of the way. But that is not enough to win a fight In the first round Floyd walks out to the centre of the ring and throws a few big right hands that take Pac out of his game plan immediately.

Defence and footwork Pacquiao walks forward towards Floyd in straight lines throwing his punches at no point does Pac find his 'fabled' angles.

The most commonly landed punch throughout this fight was Floyds straight right hand overtime he throws this punch he pushes pac or pulls pac's head to ensure that Pac cannot counter (This is affective aggression and ring generalship). Up until round 4 Pac who is himself an accomplished fighter is have no success with anything he tries as a result Pac begins to try to counter instead (anyone who calls pac one dimensional doesn't know boxing he isn't) and lands a counter that stuns Floyd hence both Floyd and Pac not throwing as many punches after this as both fighters are aware that the other is trying to set a trap.

Floyd regularly step outside Marquez' lead foot with his own and hits pac to the body again this is effective aggression.

Now if you care to create a rebuttal do I'll happily upload a Muted version of the fight for us to discuss not the clearly biased footage that you have used.
                Oh look, a poster named Nubian defending Mayweather. I'm totally shocked!

Comment

The judges scored the fight 118 to 110, 116 to 112 and 116 to 112. So one judge gave Pacquiao 2 rounds and the other two judges both gave Pacquiao 4 rounds. Pacquiao winning 4 of the 12 rounds on two judges cards means it wasn't a one sided fight. These are neutral professional judges who know all about how to score a fight. If they were going to show favoritism to either fighter it would be favoritism for Las Vegas USA resident and the face of boxing, Floyd Mayweather, not a foreign boxer.
                  I think that judges can be called into question one judge scored Floyd canelo a draw. The 10-2 card was right. If Floyd wins anymore rounds you don't just describe it as one sided but a shutout. Also noticed a people getting in to name calling (not targeted at me) but can we stop that and keep this thread civil?

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                    Oh look, a poster named Nubian defending Mayweather. I'm totally shocked!
                    Do you take issue with Philippine fans defending Pac? I don't why turn this into something about race? I haven't mentioned race please lets not be ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      You shouldn't be calling anybody stupid because you are as stupid as they come on boxing and just generally stupid. What makes Pacquiao fans without a brain and Mayweather fans fucing geniuses anyway, A hole?

Comment

Working...
                      X