No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Wants Marquez vs. Crawford, Not Marquez vs. Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Wants Marquez vs. Crawford, Not Marquez vs. Cotto

New York, NY - Multiple outlets have printed stories regarding a possible catch-weight fight between former four division world champions Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33KOs) and Juan Manuel Marquez (56-7-1, 40KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Called it, kinda.

Comment

bob arum is right there is no way in hell cotto can make 147 and marquez wants a rehydration clause on top of that good luck with that.

Comment

I think arum also doesn't want to pay Cotto lol

Comment

If Crawford wins a 147 title, maybe.

Comment

Terence Crawdford needs a name next after this weekends fight.

Whether it be Marquez, the winner of Pac vs Bradley. Crawford needs a big name to announce his arrival as one of the faces of boxing and one of the best of the new generation.

Cotto vs Marquez would be a very good fight but I have a hard time believing it can be made based on the weight of both guys.

Comment

I'm pretty sure sure Showtime is willing to make it a ppv

Comment

I hope Lundy spoils those plans. Im getn tired with safe match making in general. Even Bizier im hoping beats Brook. I see no reason for guys like Brook and Craqford to fight at the level theyve been when theres better fights for em.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                  I think arum also doesn't want to pay Cotto lol

yeah cotto is with jay z still.

arum only likes in house. JMM-crawford is in house

Comment

Marquez will pass up on a big payday just to please Bob's old ass and be treated like a stepping stone?sure....

I hope for his sake that JMM is just playing the negotiation game with Cotto, becuase sticking to 147+ rehydration would kill the fight.... a 150 catchweight would be easy as **** with no rehydration... Cotto only goes up like 5 lbs anyway...Sure Cotto-JMMis not a fight anyone was hoping for, but they're gonna ride off soon, it's a big event because of the whole rivalry thing, and it's also kind of intriguing.

Comment

Working...
                    X