No announcement yet.

Tracking Felix Verdejo's Progress to Felix Trinidad and Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Yea and its funny how people criticize him now. Also I know danny isn't consider a Rican but I actually believe he has also had a tougher start than Verdojo. Maybe you should include Danny in your OP just a suggestion that's all
    Just did a quick glance at Garcia. The only recognizable name through #20 was Theophane. What's funny is after that fight he stepped up against guys like Nate Campbell, Kendall Holt and Erik Morales.

20 seems to be the magic number. The time is now for Verdejo.

Comment

Who is this bum Verdejo? Is he another Dulorme? Another Papito Vasquez? How about another Juan Ma?
      Everyone knows I dislike Cotto, but Cotto is 100x better than this bum. Once he steps up to an elite fighter, he'll get his ass handled just like Rocky Martinez.

Cotto and Trinidad **** all over this bum Verdejo! Fact!

Comment

Verdejo is still in the prospect phase.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          He has done absolutely nothing yet to be compared to a good champion like Cotto or a great champion like Trinidad. Trinidad won the welterweight title at age 20 and defended it successfully 15 times in 6 years and he knocked out 12 of those challengers. I have been to boxrec and studied his pro record Nobody he has fought was ranked higher than 120th in the world and most of his opponents were ranked 200th or 300th. or there abouts. That is hardly the credentials of the next Trinidad or the next Cotto. He is fighting an undefeated boxer from Brazil next. That is the guy boxrec ranked the 120th best lightweight in the world because even though Silva is undefeated he never beat anybody worth a damn. Boxrec ranks Vedejo 45th in the world. Silva, the 120th best lightweight in the world will be the highest rated boxer Vedejo has fought to date. If and when Vedejo starts fighting and beating top 20 or even top 30 world rated fighters that would be the time to start comparing him to the all time great Puerto Rican boxers in my opinion. Right now he is just a promising prospect in my opinion.If you think he is going to be in the same class as Cotto and Trinidad maybe he will be. Time will tell.
          Well there you go, he is fighting better opposition! lol . Give him some time, he is just a prospect who seem to have decent tools. I think this year he should(I hope) be fighting at least an ex champion. That will give him some good experience.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Just did a quick glance at Garcia. The only recognizable name through #20 was Theophane. What's funny is after that fight he stepped up against guys like Nate Campbell, Kendall Holt and Erik Morales.

20 seems to be the magic number. The time is now for Verdejo.
            Totally agree! I think this is the year we will see him progressively fighting better opposition.

Comment

Good thread...

Comment

Dont really matter who he fought, we all know 1 day he will meet his Mexican papi and take a knee.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Dont really matter who he fought, we all know 1 day he will meet his Mexican papi and take a knee.
                  Rather take a knee and keep fighting than sit on my ass and quit like a mexicant!

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                    Rather take a knee and keep fighting than sit on my ass and quit like a mexicant!
                    lol!!! #wardiaz

Comment

Nice comparison, I agree the diamante needs to fight someone..he has the tools, he needs to step it up. Cotto had it tough man..looking at his competition early in his carreer its impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X