Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather says gg is easy work at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Hopkins and Mayweather are both speaking so candidly about a Golovkin fight, they've watched the tape and see something horribly exploitable in his footwork...I need to go watch GGG's last ten fights again.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      If Hopkins and Mayweather are both speaking so candidly about a Golovkin fight, they've watched the tape and see something horribly exploitable in his footwork...I need to go watch GGG's last ten fights again.
      To be fair Hopkins thought he could exploit something in Kovalev too. We all saw how that turned out. Sometimes fighters underestimate their opponent, or overestimate themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMacAttack View Post
        To be fair Hopkins thought he could exploit something in Kovalev too. We all saw how that turned out. Sometimes fighters underestimate their opponent, or overestimate themselves.
        There's a big difference (literally) between Kovalev and Little G. Kovalev easily walks around as a heavyweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMacAttack View Post
          Hopkins was 50 years old. When hopkins was younger he was able to exploit everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            If Hopkins and Mayweather are both speaking so candidly about a Golovkin fight, they've watched the tape and see something horribly exploitable in his footwork...I need to go watch GGG's last ten fights again.
            Hey bro you should watch the monroe fight. Monore at times was teeing of his head

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              Hopkins was 50 years old. When hopkins was younger he was able to exploit everyone

Not roy jones

Not Jermain Taylor

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                LMAO....GGG aint a counter-puncher like Alvarez...Hw would walk Floyd down and do damage....every grazing shot would do damage...And he wudnt stop stalking him....Floyd dont have the legs to run from dude for 12 rounds imo
                Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                I think Mayweather is underestimating GGG a bit with these comments. It's not just a question of power, GGG is good at cutting off the ring, Cotto, Maidana and Pacquiao all caught Floyd with some decent shots. If GGG catches him the same way he's finished. His legs are gone and his reflexes arent what they used to be, he should just stay retired.
                I find it funny you both are sounding straight out of Bob Arum's playbook as far as Floyd's legs. And what happened? Manny Pacquiao, supposedly the fastest fighter Floyd's ever faced, got schooled over at least 7 rounds. Floyd was there...and then he wasn't. And I don't want to hear excuses. It's his shoulder that was hurt, wasn't nothing wrong with his legs. Couldn't catch TBE.

GGG is 1/3rd the speed of Manny Pacquiao and that's fact. There's NO way he's catching Floyd. And his hand speed isn't even close to someone like Cotto.

I think a non-catchweight Cotto OR Canelo beats GGG. If either of them can do it, Floyd would walk right through him - UD. Doesn't matter whether he hurts GGG or not, all he's got to do is rack up points.

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
                Ignoring the size difference, Mayweather has never fought a pressure fighter with the technical ability of Golovkin. He's never fought someone that adept at cutting the ring off, that good at gauging distance and someone that heavy handed.

Even if Golovkin were a welterweight, Mayweather still wouldn't contemplate fighting him. Too risky, too dangerous.
                You're nuts. Castillo, Corrales, De La Hoya, and Cotto all fit what you describe. Corrales got destroyed and he was probably the most dangerous for Floyd at the time, or so we thought until TBE made easy work of him.

De La Hoya stylistically was one of the best AND was larger than Floyd when they fought. Still got beat.

It's the same story every time. Canelo, over 40 wins and undefeated, gets schooled by Floyd and people call him "green". No - it's that Floyd MADE him look average. Like he makes everyone look average.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  I find it funny you both are sounding straight out of Bob Arum's playbook as far as Floyd's legs. And what happened? Manny Pacquiao, supposedly the fastest fighter Floyd's ever faced, got schooled over at least 7 rounds. Floyd was there...and then he wasn't. And I don't want to hear excuses. It's his shoulder that was hurt, wasn't nothing wrong with his legs. Couldn't catch TBE.

GGG is 1/3rd the speed of Manny Pacquiao and that's fact. There's NO way he's catching Floyd. And his hand speed isn't even close to someone like Cotto.

I think a non-catchweight Cotto OR Canelo beats GGG. If either of them can do it, Floyd would walk right through him - UD. Doesn't matter whether he hurts GGG or not, all he's got to do is rack up points.

You're nuts. Castillo, Corrales, De La Hoya, and Cotto all fit what you describe. Corrales got destroyed and he was probably the most dangerous for Floyd at the time, or so we thought until TBE made easy work of him.

De La Hoya stylistically was one of the best AND was larger than Floyd when they fought. Still got beat.

It's the same story every time. Canelo, over 40 wins and undefeated, gets schooled by Floyd and people call him "green". No - it's that Floyd MADE him look average. Like he makes everyone look average.
                  Very good points being made

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post

I think your in the 5% of people who think cotto or canelo beats ggg at 160. Besides that I want to know what you guys think who Floyd loses to? Degale at 168? SMW division too slow and not big enough for Floyd? Maybe Kov at LHW might be a match for him?

We all know he's not fighting GGG at 160. I know he's great, one of the best when he was boxing, but please stop act like he's untouchable. There is weight division for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by cork View Post
                      I think your in the 5% of people who think cotto or canelo beats ggg at 160. Besides that I want to know what you guys think who Floyd loses to? Degale at 168? SMW division too slow and not big enough for Floyd? Maybe Kov at LHW might be a match for him?

We all know he's not fighting GGG at 160. I know he's great, one of the best when he was boxing, but please stop act like he's untouchable. There is weight division for a reason.
                      That guy also made a post stressing the following points:

1. Any American outdraws Ggg in Vegas, esp Berto
                      2. Lemieux sold out MSG
                      3. Ggg = Prov

Comment

Working...
                      X