No announcement yet.

Haye: Cain Velasquez destroys Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye: Cain Velasquez destroys Tyson Fury

Refreshing to see a boxer that isn't delusional enough to think just boxing is enough to win a MMA fight.

So Velasquez would really f#ck up David Haye is what Haye is saying? Did he say that too being that he's realistic about MMA being a superior fighting style to boxing?

Comment

Can't compare MMA to boxing, especially if you're using MMA rules, a boxer who has just boxed his whole life would have a very low chance because MMA has so many other offensive possibilities available it's ridiculous.

Boxing is just one of the martial arts contained within MMA, which is a vast collection of martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Can't compare MMA to boxing, especially if you're using MMA rules, a boxer who has just boxed his whole life would have a very low chance because MMA has so many other offensive possibilities available it's ridiculous.

Boxing is just one of the martial arts contained within MMA, which is a vast collection of martial arts.
        Why not? Cuz thats exactly what people do all the time. And thats what these guys are specifically doing in this video (I didn't watch it so just going off of the title doe).

I think once most boxing fans realize that boxing is an inferior fighting style to the fighting gumbo that is MMA in a "real fight" (or in the octagon which is an even more silly claim as its like saying a badass 100m dash guy is gonna beat a badass decathlon cat in a decathlon) you'll see less people talking about this sorta thing. Still amazing to me this is in debate, but anyway get used to it cuz its not over for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Why not? Cuz thats exactly what people do all the time. And thats what these guys are specifically doing in this video (I didn't watch it so just going off of the title doe).

I think once most boxing fans realize that boxing is an inferior fighting style to the fighting gumbo that is MMA in a "real fight" (or in the octagon which is an even more silly claim as its like saying a badass 100m dash guy is gonna beat a badass decathlon cat in a decathlon) you'll see less people talking about this sorta thing. Still amazing to me this is in debate, but anyway get used to it cuz its not over for sure.
          That's pretty much what I said:

An MMA rules fight incorporates boxing and many other martial arts. Not just boxing alone. The number of offensive techniques at a fighter's diposal are ridiculously high compared to the number of offensive options available in boxing alone. It's a different world. Kicks, knees, chokes, arm bars, grappling etc.. it's not just a left and right hand to work with.

A queensbury rules boxing fight, obviously most trained boxer would beat an MMA guy because they would be restricted to the low amount of offensive options that boxing provides and the MMA fighter wouldn't be trained specifically on those techniques since a young age.

But in a street fight, MMA is much more useful than just boxing alone, because you can incorporate boxing as well as many other martial arts into your fighting when you're an MMA fighter. It's a silly debate to have really, people need to stop the rivalry between the sports because they're both great in my opinion, although I prefer boxing for some reason but I've watched MMA since UFC 1, I even had it on video cassette waaaay back in that day.

Comment

And Roger Federer would beat Lebron James in tennis, so what. They're different sports.

Comment

Yeah, and Fury had a 1 in 20 chance to beat Wladimir.

**** off Haye you bellend.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

100M sprint is so much better than the decathalon.

Comment

Cain got outboxed by a lifelong BJJ guy in his last fight and besides he would never make it through training camp.

Comment

Fury has been on record for saying he'd fight and beat Cain in MMA.

He has changed his attitude however and asked to fight with modified rules as I think he finally realizes he'd have no chance in a completely different sort like MMA, but it's good to see that he's finally realized that just being a good Boxer doesn't mean you can walk into another combat sport and just beat the best guys.

He might have developed this respect having sparred with Rico Verhoeven and Daniel Ghita as I get the impression that he likes European Kickboxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X