Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao's Senate Run Feels No Sting From Controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
    So if a person speaks their mind in support of ****sexuality, they are "bold," "progressive," and gets praised in all arenas.

If someone doesn't support it, and has strong-rooted beliefs about it, it's controversial.

Typical of the liberal media these days. They are all for freedom of thought and speech...so long as you agree with them. If you don't, they will bludgeon you to death until you apologize.

This isn't about equality or freedom. It's about Leftists forcing people to believe one way, and one way only.
    A lesson in politics my friend, leaders could choose to not believe in diplomacy and pretend they don't know constitutional world hearings and act ignorant like ''ah well let's just be honest... nuke them and get it over with, they act like animals anyways...''

one might think that's not how to conduct one self...

or do we forget points and just generalize irrelevant rebuttals like ''freedom of speech for all!''

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      You just opened up a can of worms buddy. Bahaha! Daring me to show you proof? I'm game pal. I just hope you can take it. I thought this whole thing was common knowledge, but I guess knowledge isn't common enough apparently.

I take it that you don't believe in evolution or are skeptical because you think of yourself as better than animals. Higher on the food chain so to speak. You think your ancestors just became that way out of thin air? The reason why you don't 'see' evolution is because it takes generations for it to happen. That's why you don't see apes magically turning into humans. It never did, nor ever will happen that way. I'm talking gene mutations over multiple life times. But let me show you a little tree of us with our ancestors.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-family-tree

Go down the tree and you will see how our earliest ancestors that we can trace back were very ape like. You don't have to be ashamed of that. It doesn't change anything. I'll be waiting for a well thought out rebuttal.
      read the following:

All About Science: Darwin's Theory Of Evolution - A Theory in Crisis

Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a theory in crisis in light of the tremendous advances we've made in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics over the past fifty years. We now know that there are in fact tens of thousands of irreducibly complex systems on the cellular level. Specified complexity pervades the microscopic biological world. Molecular biologist Michael Denton wrote, "Although the tiniest bacterial cells are incredibly small, weighing less than 10-12 grams, each is in effect a veritable micro-miniaturized factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, made up altogether of one hundred thousand million atoms, far more complicated than any machinery built by man and absolutely without parallel in the non-living world." [5]

And we don't need a microscope to observe irreducible complexity. The eye, the ear and the heart are all examples of irreducible complexity, though they were not recognized as such in Darwin's day. Nevertheless, Darwin confessed, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." [6]

Comment

At the sub atomic level, every living thing on this planet is basically the same. Me, you, and everyone else are a series of cells bunched together, working together. We aren't that different from animals when you really sit down and think about it. We get all smug and full of ourselves, thinking that we're separated from animals, but we really aren't. We all breathe, eat, shyt, sleep, ****, reproduce. Shyt. When you think about it. You got a lot more in common with your primate cousins that you thought huh?

again, evolution theory is based on living things coming from non-living things....

from my previous post...

"far more complicated than any machinery built by man and absolutely without parallel in the non-living world."

and here's more;

Darwin conceded that, "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down." [2] Such a complex organ would be known as an "irreducibly complex system"

And we don't need a microscope to observe irreducible complexity. The eye, the ear and the heart are all examples of irreducible complexity....

Comment

Why do people get so hung up on what Manny says. I don't agree with what he says, i am not religious and find aspects of all religion bizarre, but each on their own.

All he is saying is what the bible says, which the 2.5 billion Christians in the world are supposed to be following, not to mention the other religions condemning of ****sexuality.

Accept ****sexuality but do not than accept the bible as well or vice versa. Its just contradiction, after contradiction..

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
            Why do people get so hung up on what Manny says. I don't agree with what he says, i am not religious and find aspects of all religion bizarre, but each on their own.

All he is saying is what the bible says, which the 2.5 billion Christians in the world are supposed to be following, not to mention the other religions condemning of ****sexuality.

Accept ****sexuality but do not than accept the bible as well or vice versa. Its just contradiction, after contradiction..
            I'm not religious as well, but stats are always competitive and generalized. for example a liberal christian still falls into the general percentage of Christians throughout the world, same for liberal Muslims. for example there are far too many muslims that don't do the 5 times a day prayer. they just simply do not. same goes as saying that all American jews live the exact same way as those orthodox jews in some boroughs of brooklyn etc..

I don't really care on Pac's stance, but any modern day ethics genius would know that perhaps such statements wouldn't fit right when you're running for office, especially after acknowledging a huge endorsement deal loss and then citing (for new publicity?) that they ''should be put to death'' passages. It's gotta be comical, and unfortunately, Pac doesn't care to make new enemies that had actually respected him before. I don't know what Pac's angle is as of late, but as Marx had stated, religion is the opium of people.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
              I'm not religious as well, but stats are always competitive and generalized. for example a liberal christian still falls into the general percentage of Christians throughout the world, same for liberal Muslims. for example there are far too many muslims that don't do the 5 times a day prayer. they just simply do not. same goes as saying that all American jews live the exact same way as those orthodox jews in some boroughs of brooklyn etc..

I don't really care on Pac's stance, but any modern day ethics genius would know that perhaps such statements wouldn't fit right when you're running for office, especially after acknowledging a huge endorsement deal loss and then citing (for new publicity?) that they ''should be put to death'' passages. It's gotta be comical, and unfortunately, Pac doesn't care to make new enemies that had actually respected him before. I don't know what Pac's angle is as of late, but as Marx had stated, religion is the opium of people.
              Yes, when running for office, what he said he is stupid, if you want to be PC, but he said he believes, and that is respectable, whether people agree with it or not.

Trump, as a novelty candidate, has made himself into a real contender to be president by speaking his mind. Whether you agree with a his wacky views, he says what he believes and is not doing him much harm in the grand of things that the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                read the following:

All About Science: Darwin's Theory Of Evolution - A Theory in Crisis

Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a theory in crisis in light of the tremendous advances we've made in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics over the past fifty years. We now know that there are in fact tens of thousands of irreducibly complex systems on the cellular level. Specified complexity pervades the microscopic biological world. Molecular biologist Michael Denton wrote, "Although the tiniest bacterial cells are incredibly small, weighing less than 10-12 grams, each is in effect a veritable micro-miniaturized factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, made up altogether of one hundred thousand million atoms, far more complicated than any machinery built by man and absolutely without parallel in the non-living world." [5]

And we don't need a microscope to observe irreducible complexity. The eye, the ear and the heart are all examples of irreducible complexity, though they were not recognized as such in Darwin's day. Nevertheless, Darwin confessed, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." [6]
                http://anthro.palomar.edu/primate/prim_8.htm

Here's another link showing the relation between us and other primates. Are you reading straight from a paper book? All I can do is Google stuff and post my links that I have found to support my argument.

Yes. Living beings are incredibly complex. I'm not denying that. New species are being discovered all the time. The reason why everything is so complex, is because it's had billions of years to change and evolve. Everything started out as simple bacteria and it grew from there. But how do you explain "that 96% of DNA base pair sequences of humans and chimpanzees are the same." And say that we are not related in some way? I took the quoted part straight from the article I posted. Read whatever book you want on how Darwins theory might need some slight tweaking. I stand firm on my stance because the information and data available are overwhelming.

I love how something Pacquiao said spawned such a debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Well... he's not running in the US
                  Even if he was it wouldn't matter. Look at trump he is a straight racist yet he is the front runner for the republicans wtf?

Comment

Here's another link showing the relation between us and other primates. Are you reading straight from a paper book? All I can do is Google stuff and post my links that I have found to support my argument.

Yes. Living beings are incredibly complex. I'm not denying that. New species are being discovered all the time. The reason why everything is so complex, is because it's had billions of years to change and evolve. Everything started out as simple bacteria and it grew from there. But how do you explain "that 96% of DNA base pair sequences of humans and chimpanzees are the same." And say that we are not related in some way? I took the quoted part straight from the article I posted. Read whatever book you want on how Darwins theory might need some slight tweaking. I stand firm on my stance because the information and data available are overwhelming.

"I stand firm on my stance because the information and data available are overwhelming."

clearly you did not understand or refuse to understand the import of what i posts...presently, your so called overwhelming information and data available have not proven beyond doubt that man came from apes...for recent scientific findings are pointing that that is not so...

Comment

"I love how something Pacquiao said spawned such a debate."

i separately want to discuss this issue as this one clearly shows that people tend to expand an issue really beyond what it really is...

pac aired his objection to same sex marriage in a very wrong manner...that hurt the lgbt sector....so hurt that it seems pac's apology was not really accepted...

but some posters here that want pac's head begun to expand the issue to the teachings of the bible....and if you really did take a reading of the other related threads or posts, that really expanded the issues too wide and too thin...

and evolution was thrown in to the ring...

and here we are now...

Comment

Working...
                      X