Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's (or anyone's) Right To Free Speech OR The Hurt Feelings Of Gay People?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samouraļ View Post
    Manny is free to say whatever biblical bullshyt he wants. Nike is free to drop his dumb azz if they want. That has nothing to do with free speech. Nobody's tossing little Manny in jail.
    Pretty much this. This isn't really a free speech issue.

-----

As far as what the TS is getting at - yes, freedom of speech must include the freedom to offend.

Comment

• Originally posted by samouraļ View Post
      Manny is free to say whatever biblical bullshyt he wants. Nike is free to drop his dumb azz if they want. That has nothing to do with free speech. Nobody's tossing little Manny in jail.
      Yes. The only correct position. This is NOT a "free speech" issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
        It's funny because someone like Trump can go on TV and threaten to ban all muslims, insults a whole community (Mexicans) and receives very little backlash. Pacquaio seems to be far more under fire for saying what he said.
        And they're not very vocal either on Iran, Yemen, Saudi, etc. where they can't do their **** acts.

Just want to share
        https://www.facebook.com/AskDrBrown/...8501104508823/

Comment

• Originally posted by MtClimber View Post
          And they're not very vocal either on Iran, Yemen, Saudi, etc. where they can't do their **** acts.

Just want to share
          https://www.facebook.com/AskDrBrown/...8501104508823/
          I lived in the Middle East for 10 years and there is a massive ****sexual community

They simply don't advertise it because technically it's illegal

Same with Africa where many legal systems are based on ancient scriptures

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            PAC has belief's that hurt some peoples feelings.

Yet, PAC is free to think what he thinks. Believe what he believe's.

But if he vocalizes his thoughts out loud, feelings get hurt.

He took a position based on his belief's in his God, as he understands him.

People ridicule people who believe things that they do not agree with.

Nike had a right to drop him.

Feelings are too easily hurt. His words triggered a lot of emotions.

Emotions are dangerous things. Make people do stupid things.
            wow! i wish i could have post that...

carry on bro

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
              wow! i wish i could have post that...

carry on bro
              So you get my point. PAC is the same guy he was. Floyd is an opportunist acting like he cares about gumps.

See, I am criticized by my sisters, and a few others, because I like playing the field. Now that I am older, my kill ratio goes down, but I step into the batter's box regularly. I am enjoying my time on this rock. Other people try to bring me down.. Why do you like women so much... Etc... Etc. why do you like boxing so much, when you hated that dad made you box.

The LGBT, community need to understand that not everyone is gonna agree with your life choices. LGBT, they need to do what they want to do. Stop trying to make or shame people into believing what you believe. Enjoy their limited time on this rock. Don't trip on what PAC says or believes. What PAC believe's is what he believes.

I would rather see PAC destroy Margarito, than a yusef Mack barely win.
              Why?? Mack has never been that good. His gay stuff matters to him, not to me. I was happy for him that he came out the closet and lived his life his way.

This has nothing to do with political correctness. F Nike!

Btw, Nike hires shoe manufactures globally and doesn't give a crap about conditions. I know a lot about Nike, I bought over runs of Jordan's and made money. F Nike.

Comment

• Odds are manny has ****sexual tendencies. Most aggressive ****phobes are compensating for the fact the like a bit of log

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                  see....

"jesus also said whoever is without sin should cast the first stone. didn't he? sounds like good advice for a hypocrite."

you might as well look yourself back in the mirror....calling anybody a hypocrite is what? not casting the first stone? peachy!

and you contradict yourself; let me repeat you...

"disregard it in favor of the new one, because "jesus and stuff".

"jesus also said whoever is without sin should cast the first stone. didn't he?

seems like very selective stuff from you...

no offense meant, but just being raised is very different from being indoctrinated...isn't it?
                  Brother it comes down to this:
                  When Jesus was being questioned in an attempt to trap him he broke down the essence of Christianity, he encapsulated the entirety of the Old Testament with this.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Naturally I am assuming everyone understands encapsulation???

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Pac has a right to free speech. People have a right to speak out against that speech.

Nike have the right to drop him if they dont think he fits their brand.

Bob Arum has the right to speak out against Pac if he wants to clarify that Mannys views dont represent his own.
                    Exactly this. Free speech is for everyone. Not only the offender or offended.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                      LOL, He's not arrested or in jail. That is all free speech means to me.

You can exercise your right to say what you want, but with that you have to take the repercussions of it too. If you say something that might just offend people, then those people also maintain the right to respond.
                      Bingo. That's all it really means.

Comment

Working...
                      X