Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Martin Promoter: The Americans are back!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original zero View Post
    I'm very familiar with who he has fought. He's had fights televised on NBC Sports, on free internet broadcasts and I've also seen him fight in person. On his way up the ladder, he fought guys with decent records and knocked out an undefeated guy to win the North American title.

If he's not in your top 10, that's fine. I don't argue opinions. But BoxingScene.com, TBRB, Ring Magazine and ESPN all have him in the top 10 in the world, so for you to act like he's nothing more than a midwest club fighter is a bit silly.
    At this point he's more a midwestern club fighter than a world class fighter I think. Sure he beat a couple decent prospects on the way up, but thats standard for a lot of cats on the way up. Mostly he fought bodies.

And the Glazkov fight really told us lil to nothing about his world class capabilities with how that fight ended. I did think he was doing solid in that fight & I dig his passion & his own unhappiness with how that fight ended & his willingness to throw himself right into the fire with his next fight, but that doesn't change reality. And the reality is his resume is dog**** to be considered a top ten level guy when you consider how little the one solid win he got over Glazkov really said with that unfortunate ending let alone a top two guy like he's being comically hyped as by Leon.

Randomly one of the problems I have with most every indie rankings is them auto assigning a new alphabet belt winning guy a top ten ranking. I think usually that isn't a bad move tbf, but in this case, while I respect most of the indie rankings you mentioned I think its bad move & tells us more about even indie rankings acceptance of these corrupt alphabet groups & I think its sorta more of a way of saying this guy with a belt is now a player in the division more than he's always deserving of a top ten spot.

Comment

you can rank him wherever you want, but you can't act like it's ridiculous for me to have him in the top 10 when he's top 10 in all of the independent rankings, is the champion of a major org and another major org had him ranked #1.

Comment

When Glazkov started struggling Joshua would have had him on his back.

Martin was unable to take advantage.

He is pretty laboured and slow. I didn't see any power either. Joshua will obliterate him.

My fear for Joshua is what follows.

Comment

There is truth to the belts being very important but there are other things at play here.

1. With PBC seemingly cutting back, the free huge paydays just aren't going to be there anymore for the second tier Haymon fighters (like Martin). This is a great opportunity for him to make a lot of money.
          2. His promoter, Margules has been rumored to be one of the haymon front promoters that may be dropped. He wants to make some serious money while he can, too. He may not have access to promote these fighters in the near future.

Comment

Working...
          X