Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Khan Beats Canelo Is He Number 1 In 3 Divisions Simultaneously?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Khan Beats Canelo Is He Number 1 In 3 Divisions Simultaneously?

147, 154, 160?

In the event that he beat Canelo at the odd 155 catchweight for the middeweight title, would that actually place the current 147 lber, Amir Khan, in a fairly unique position of being considered the number 1 fighter in 3 separate divisions simultaneously? 147, 154, 160...?

Or if not the number 1, then ranked in the top 3 in all those divisions at the same time? But if not necessarily on an official basis through sanctioning bodies, then perhaps on your personal lists, through public perception?
    Last edited by FlatLine; 02-14-2016, 01:13 AM.

I'm sorry, when did he become the #1 fighter at 147?

Comment

If Khan beats Canelo the space-time continuum will collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        I'm sorry, when did he become the #1 fighter at 147?
        At 147, for example, he's the number 1`contender in the WBC and has been for about a year.

Sulaimen said he'd retain his mandatory position to face Garcia, which means his ranking remains in the division. But would public perception place him as number one above them all if he pulled off the upset? Almost similar to, but obviously not the same as, a "champion emeritus" status.

Would you rank top 3 in all those divisions if he won?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          At 147, for example, he's the number 1`contender in the WBC and has been for about a year.

Sulaimen said he'd retain his mandatory position to face Garcia, which means his ranking remains in the division. But would public perception place him as number one above them all if he pulled off the upset? Almost similar to, but obviously not the same as, a "champion emeritus" status.

Would you rank top 3 in all those divisions if he won?
          No I wouldn't. I would however rank him #1 at 155. Which is quite an accomplishment cause Canelo and Cotto both fight there.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            If Khan beats Canelo the space-time continuum will collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              No I wouldn't. I would however rank him #1 at 155. Which is quite an accomplishment cause Canelo and Cotto both fight there.
              Technically 155 makes it 160 division, if you know what I mean. Anything above 154 is considered the middleweight division. So would you rank him as the number 1 middleweight? Where would you place him at 154 (light-middle) and 147 (ww)?

Comment

Someone take away flatlines thread making privileges til after the fight pls

Comment

Technically 155 makes it 160 division, if you know what I mean. Anything above 154 is considered the middleweight division. So would you rank him as the number 1 middleweight? Where would you place him at 154 (light-middle) and 147 (ww)?
                  No, he gets the #1 ranking at Caneloweight. That's it. One of the rules of Caneloweight is you don't speak outside of Caneloweight. So I can't weight in on anything other than 155.

Comment

147, 154, 160?

In the event that he beat Canelo at the odd 155 catchweight for the middeweight title, would that actually place the current 147 lber, Amir Khan, in a fairly unique position of being considered the number 1 fighter in 3 separate divisions simultaneously? 147, 154, 160...?

Or if not the number 1, then ranked in the top 3 in all those divisions at the same time? But if not necessarily on an official basis through sanctioning bodies, then perhaps on your personal lists, through public perception?
                    Where do you guys come up with these bulls..t threads? Khan has never been #1 in any division.

Comment

Working...
                    X