Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella Goes In in New Podcast Interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to this, Lou is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      A lot of good points brought up. Especially the Ali Act. Lou helped craft the Ali Act. I'm pretty sure if Haymon was violating it Lou would let him know. Also the part about promoters only having to disclose revenues after the fight. After the fighter has already negotiated his purse. Another good point was the TV rights. Haymon told Floyd that Arum was getting paid from the rebroadcast of his fights and Floyd wasn't seeing a dime. There are a lot of revenue streams fighters don't know about. As a former promoter Haymon knows these revenue streams and is able to get a part of them for his fighters.

Haymon's always been in a position to be generous. His investment risk into these deals has been minimal. When he was at HBO, he was leveraging Floyd in order to get great deals for Williams, Berto, Broner, ect. He was controlling the fight setup w/o having to deal with market pressures for the events. Today he's running off the hedge fund money, and again not having to deal with market pressures.

If Al was a regular promoter he'd probably be less willing to share with his fighters. Personally I'd like to see fighter deals work by a percentage of the overall gross for an event, in which case the promoters should be legally required to report all revenues associated with the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Haymon's always been in a position to be generous. His investment risk into these deals has been minimal. When he was at HBO, he was leveraging Floyd in order to get great deals for Williams, Berto, Broner, ect. He was controlling the fight setup w/o having to deal with market pressures for the events. Today he's running off the hedge fund money, and again not having to deal with market pressures.

If Al was a regular promoter he'd probably be less willing to share with his fighters. Personally I'd like to see fighter deals work by a percentage of the overall gross for an event, in which case the promoters should be legally required to report all revenues associated with the event.
        What about his investment risks when he was a promoter?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          I'm about 40 minutes in. Good stuff from Lou so far. You can tell the guy hosting the podcast is in bed with those Max Boxing clowns like Steve Kim and Gabriel some****.
          The guy is on the Leave It In The Ring podcast. Same as Kim and Gabriel.

Comment

When Al was a concert promoter he paid the best. What are you basing your opinion on? It's not based on facts.

Comment

What about his investment risks when he was a promoter?
              You're referring to his very successful venture in the music business? Yes he was subjected to market pressures then, but it's also a very different model. However he did have that issue with Beyonce.

Comment

When Al was a concert promoter he paid the best. What are you basing your opinion on? It's not based on facts.
                I don't what Al paid performers in the concert industry vs other promoters there, but that would be an interesting baseline to see. Since you're talking facts and not opinions you want to share the sources for that information?

Comment

DiBella is and always has been a massive hypocrite. He just talks over people and shouts them down when he gets asked a real question.

Comment

You're referring to his very successful venture in the music business? Yes he was subjected to market pressures then, but it's also a very different model. However he did have that issue with Beyonce.
                    What issue with Beyonce? You mean when Beyonce fired her father as manager and her father sued her? I keep hearing Beyonce sued Haymon but never seen a lawsuit or read an article about Beyonce suing Haymon. That rumor was started by Steve Kim and this is the article he tweeted as proof

http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...-shed-light-on

Comment

Thanks will watch this later. My favorite lou interview is when he puts that mma clown in his place I think Rogan or something

Comment

Working...
                      X