Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Povetkin Getting Jacked, in Beast Mode For Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
    um excuse me that is the point..povetkin wasnt a lifetime elite athlete...
    His body was that of a dedicated fighter...that doesnt change at 36
    Umm, actually he was.

He is a product of the Russian boxing academies, and was the top amateur in one of the top amateur programs in the world, who went on to win a gold medal in the Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      Umm, actually he was.

He is a product of the Russian boxing academies, and was the top amateur in one of the top amateur programs in the world, who went on to win a gold medal in the Olympics.
      i know his resume..but the truth he was a freaking slouch all of his pro career and had a terrible resume as champ..that is just as bad as wilders if not worse.
      look u have your opinion and i have mine..i dont know many boxer undergoing body changes in their late thirsty and finally displaying one punch ko power on the world class at the same age...

his only good defense is one he lost..he was protected and still is over in mother russia..i really wanna see some testing bc it seem pretty obvious to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I feel a lot of the time when haters talk about Wilder, they are blind to his natural fighting ability. You don't start boxing at age 20 and win an Olympic bronze medal at age 23 unless you have natural fighting ability. This is often overlooked with Wilder.

Instead they focus on his chin. And don't get me wrong, the chin is very important at heavyweight. Yes, Wilder has been dropped and stopped as an amateur (against an experienced Russian National Champion). He was also dropped by Harold Sconiers early in his pro career (he got up and stopped him the next round). But ultimately, I see this as an excuse used by haters to downplay Wilder's abilities and potential.

I've exchanged emails with some of my Russian contacts and they've told me Wilder's stoppage loss to Romanov in the amateurs isn't significant. Romanov has a reputation for heavy hands and he would have put anyone down with the punches he landed on Wilder. Wilder's goal is to learn to avoid those situations. He can't put himself in front of big right hands from any heavyweight, let alone a hard hitting one. He showed one way to avoid trouble by using his jab vs. Stiverne. Let's see if he can continue that plan (but also add some wrinkles to his game) vs. Povetkin.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOqhhylGWh8

Wilder is KOed cleanly at 8mn02

Comment

• Originally posted by JULIEN44 View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOqhhylGWh8

Wilder is KOed cleanly at 8mn02
          I think you mean knocked down. KOed is Szpilka vs. Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            I think you mean knocked down. KOed is Szpilka vs. Wilder.
            You're right ...

In the same time, he's protected by a headgear and maxi sized gloves...

Comment

• he looks natty to me....forearms are massive!!!

povetkin is a beast, wilder is too long and rangy and hits too damn hard to povet...isnt he the smallest amongst the elite heavies?

wilder vs fury eventually for all the belts - the best fight in boxing!

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Alexander Povetkin (30-1, 22KOs) is getting pumped and getting his body in muscular form for his upcoming world title fight. The Olympic gold medal winner and former WBA 'regular' heavyweight champion is the mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (36-0, 35KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
                Um... he looks like hes in the middle of a set. Everyone looks jacked while they are lifting. Hardly means hes on anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                  Russian high quality food and russian high quality vodka. Plus russian high quality training.
                  LOOL I'm sure

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                    i know his resume..but the truth he was a freaking slouch all of his pro career and had a terrible resume as champ..that is just as bad as wilders if not worse.
                    look u have your opinion and i have mine..i dont know many boxer undergoing body changes in their late thirsty and finally displaying one punch ko power on the world class at the same age...

his only good defense is one he lost..he was protected and still is over in mother russia..i really wanna see some testing bc it seem pretty obvious to me
                    He has never been a full fledged title holder though, and had a comparable resume to Wilder who has a, albeit illegitimate, recognised world title. His win over Chagaev is better than anything Wilder has done. He lost to the universally recognised, and dominant, World Heavyweight Champion. His recent resume definitely makes up for it though, Takam was an impressive victory, who beat Thompson and Perez, KO1 over Perez himself, KO'd Wach which Wlad failed to do, and a casual KO of Charr.

This is why Povetkin is universally ranked ahead of Wilder outside of sanctioning bodies, where rankings are based on something other than logic. For a guy with one of the best HW resumes right now, its hard to call him 'protected'.

Comment

• Has anyone unearthed footage of the Wilder-Sconiers fight yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X