No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse-Pablo Cesar Cano Showdown in Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse-Pablo Cesar Cano Showdown in Talks

Last week, BoxingScene.com reported that Lucas 'Machine' Matthysse was potentially going to face Mauricio "Maestro" Herrera as part of the HBO Pay-Per-View undercard for Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez's defense of the WBC middleweight world title against British superstar Amir 'King' Khan. The event is happening at the brand new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

[Click Here To Read More]

Herrera's a tough fight for Matthysse coming of a knockout loss. Much better fight for the fans but Lucas would be a lot better off with Cano.

Comment

Cano is the one who stepped in for Matthyse when Morales-Matthyse got cancelled way back when. Cano can fight, this should be a good one.

Comment

Cano is never an easy fight.

Comment

Why isn't he asking for a Postol rematch? The fight was close for the first half and Postol pulled away. I can see it being closer with a couple of adjustments by Matthysse. And he still has the power to put Postol away with one shot. I don't think Postol is a class above Matthysse. Both haven't fought since their fight. He should be calling Postol out.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            Why isn't he asking for a Postol rematch? The fight was close for the first half and Postol pulled away. I can see it being closer with a couple of adjustments by Matthysse. And he still has the power to put Postol away with one shot. I don't think Postol is a class above Matthysse. Both haven't fought since their fight. He should be calling Postol out.
            Matthysse is finished. Yeah he can notch a couple more wins against mediocre opposition but it's over. I'm sure he has no desire to see Postol again -- not right now, anyway.

Comment

Theres definitely better fights to be made, but I wouldn't be upset with him taking a confidence builder after a KO loss. But this definitely doesn't belong on the Canelo-Khan undercard unless there's a much better co-main event. This is an FS1/HBOL type match up.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Matthysse is finished. Yeah he can notch a couple more wins against mediocre opposition but it's over. I'm sure he has no desire to see Postol again -- not right now, anyway.
                If Postol took his soul he's done. He got KO'd but there wasn't a massive difference in skill level that doesn't warrant a rematch like Kovalev vs. Pascal.

Comment

I respect Matthysse, but I think that every fight will be tough and hard for him from now on. He has recently showed that his will can be broken, and his pain tolerance has decreased. Even Cano could upset him.

Comment

lucas Quitthysse needs to redeem himself. getting on the alvared vs Con card is a great start.

Comment

Working...
                    X