No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse-Pablo Cesar Cano Showdown in Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    I heard he defeated Ashley Theophane who is fighting Broner for a world title. I also heard he got robbed vs Paulie Malignaggi and gave ol' Sugars Shane a tough fight.
    Watch the fights and you tell me if he won. He simply doesn't do enough plus he has limited ability. Not a bad fighter but to stiff at times

Comment

Cano is a solid fighter good match up for a rebound fight. Lucas coming off a loss so it doesn't make sense to throw him in a big fight right away. Rebuild his confidence and image. If he looks good then his next fight throw him in with a big name.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
        Cano is not a bad fight coming off a loss. He is game, but not too dangerous.

If Lucas losses, he doesn't get killed. He will know his career is over.

If he wins, he gets back on track for a last run.

Herrera is a tough fight, he is the uncrowned 140 champ. He was robbed twice.

Smart move by his team, Cano might get stopped. Herrera has a great chin.

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Cano is a solid fighter good match up for a rebound fight. Lucas coming off a loss so it doesn't make sense to throw him in a big fight right away. Rebuild his confidence and image. If he looks good then his next fight throw him in with a big name.

Yea, it's a pretty good fight for both guys at this stage.

Matthyse needs to find his feet at welter or move back down to 140.

Not sure if he was having trouble making weight, or if his team decided that there are better options stylistically for him at welter, considering that the likes of Crawford/Postol/Broner/Herrera/Benavidez are all stylistically difficult fights for him at 140..... there may be more winnable money fights against name opponents at welter, but only if Matthyse can adjust to the weight.

Does anyone know if he had issues making 140, or..... ?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Yea, it's a pretty good fight for both guys at this stage.

Matthyse needs to find his feet at welter or move back down to 140.

Not sure if he was having trouble making weight, or if his team decided that there are better options stylistically for him at welter, considering that the likes of Crawford/Postol/Broner/Herrera/Benavidez are all stylistically difficult fights for him at 140..... there may be more winnable money fights against name opponents at welter, but only if Matthyse can adjust to the weight.

Does anyone know if he had issues making 140, or..... ?
          He said he can make it comfortably but wants new challenges and opportunities which are available at 147. I think the winner of Vargas-Ali is a good fight.

Comment

Fight by me for a comeback fight after a KO loss. I'd like to see him fight this year or next year.

Comment

Working...
            X