Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Discussion About 155: Why Are You Supporting it? Are You Against It?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a belt is at stake, then it's a total joke. Otherwise I don't have a problem with catch weights.

Now, if Canelo wants to weigh 155 the day before the fight against GGG, that's great. He can weigh whatever he wants under 160. But don't hold the title hostage to 155.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      People have defended it?
      SeekDaGreat did.

Comment

Canelo is a ****ing coward,vampire looking phony

Comment

It is a JOKE and disrespectful to the Boxing Legends who worked their ass off to make weight and wasn't given these BS Shortcuts/Cheat Sheets like now.

Before fighting Leonard, Hagler stepped in with a younger dangerous fighter in John Mugabi who had the Talent and the Power to easily ruin Hagler vs Leonard, Mugabi was that good. Hagler did not take it easy and waiting for Leonard like fighters do now

So fighting at 155 is a JOKE and then trying to get others to fight at your weight is a even bigger JOKE!

Comment

It's absolute BS but why would anyone expect otherwise. Canelo is the biggest earner, HBO was desperate to get him away from Showtime, so they give him carte blanche to do what he wants. The sanctioning bodies don't want to lose their fee. Canelo's promoter owns Ring Magazine, Hauser works for HBO, Dougie and Kim slurp HBO and HBO/ESPN have a partnership (bernardo Osuna I think has actually blown ODH) so there will be no media questions about this practice.

To raise questions about it could hurt Canelo's profitability and thats not going to happen at a time when the sport is seeking the next guy to replace Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
              its a joke, im sure you could easily find a plethora of hypocritical comments about catchweights from his biggest fans
              I bet you Floydboys werent outraged when *****ass Floyd defended his 154 crowns at 152 and 147

b-but a-side doe

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                To me, the biggest joke in boxing history is this 155 bull****. I know catchweights have existed since the beginning of time. But not like this. If you have two champions a division apart, meet in the middle and make the fight for the fans. That's the purpose of a catchweight.

But here, Canelo has literally created his own weight division. His last 4 and upcoming fight are at 155. It's not about meeting champions in the middle. He's now bringing up undersized welters or trying to drain undersized middles. What is going on here?

Where is the media outrage? Are they afraid to lose their credentials?

Where is the fan outrage? Do You Even Care?

What are Your Opinions on this 155 ****?
                Its a joke because it is for the lineal and WBC middleweight championship. Outside of that I'm kind of whatever. He can do whatever he wants if belts are'nt involved. I won't support him, but won't go off the deep end over it either if he is'nt holding belts hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                  I bet you Floydboys werent outraged when *****ass Floyd defended his 154 crowns at 152 and 147

b-but a-side doe
                  why would i be outraged? i called him a hypocrite but no i wasnt outraged for making canelo move down 1 pound lol

nice job moving the goal post

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                    To me, the biggest joke in boxing history is this 155 bull****. I know catchweights have existed since the beginning of time. But not like this. If you have two champions a division apart, meet in the middle and make the fight for the fans. That's the purpose of a catchweight.

But here, Canelo has literally created his own weight division. His last 4 and upcoming fight are at 155. It's not about meeting champions in the middle. He's now bringing up undersized welters or trying to drain undersized middles. What is going on here?

Where is the media outrage? Are they afraid to lose their credentials?

Where is the fan outrage? Do You Even Care?

What are Your Opinions on this 155 ****?
                    Canelo is the unquestioned biggest draw at 154 and at 160, so he has leeway to dictate terms that are comfortable for him.

When Floyd held the WBA 154 belt and took the WBC belt, Alvarez stood as the junior middleweight star without a full 154 title to pursue.

Solution? fight as close to 154 as technically possible.

Alvarez will go to 160 once he's no longer able to get down to junior middleweight (154+1).

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                      Its a joke because it is for the lineal and WBC middleweight championship. Outside of that I'm kind of whatever. He can do whatever he wants if belts are'nt involved. I won't support him, but won't go off the deep end over it either if he is'nt holding belts hostage.
                      Its the casualization of the sport. Casual fans know Canelo. HBO wants more casual fans to watch. They don't give a sh-t if the fight is 155 or 160, they are only in it for the moment. They could care less how it relates to the history of the sport because they know nothing of the sport's history.

They don't care about CW title defenses, they just wanna see Canelo win. And I guess you have to give the consumer what they want.

Comment

Working...
                      X