Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Canelo vs. Khan is Going To Be a Pretty Close Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: Canelo vs. Khan is Going To Be a Pretty Close Fight

For the first time in his career, former world champion Amir Khan (31-3, 19KOs) finds himself in the underdog role. Not just any underdog role, Khan is a huge underdog in his upcoming fight with WBC middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (46-1-1, 32KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

It will be pretty close for two rounds , it's a mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      It will be pretty close for two rounds , it's a mismatch.
      Damn dude, I'm at least expecting it to be competitive till the second half of the fight. If Canelo would press at least as much as Peterson did, then yea, 2-4 rounds. But he doesn't fight that way. He's going to follow Khan, a fighter who usually wins rounds, around the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by taste View Post
        Damn dude, I'm at least expecting it to be competitive till the second half of the fight. If Canelo would press at least as much as Peterson did, then yea, 2-4 rounds. But he doesn't fight that way. He's going to follow Khan, a fighter who usually wins rounds, around the ring.
        I can't see it going past Round 4 at most, if Canelo catches Khan clean it's going to shake him into survival mode and he won't survive. Personally I think it'll be over before Round 4.

Comment

You just know Khan is going to get the brakes beaten off him, and then after the fight, guess what?

He calls out Floyd...

Comment

the one thing people are overlooking in this fight is khans frame and body is built correctly to be able to put on the weight effectively. well see what happens but theres a good chance that the weight will help his chin. i dont know obviously i still think canelo ends up knocking him out or getting the tko around round 5 but i got to admit there is a piece of me that actually believes khan can keep the fight competitive by using movement keeping distance and using his speed.

the key will be to see what happens to his speed with the weight gain and if he can bring any power up with him. I got to admit my first initial reaction was is this a joke when the fight was announced but now that its been like a week its growing on me and im starting to think khan has a chance

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              You just know Khan is going to get the brakes beaten off him, and then after the fight, guess what?

He calls out Floyd...
              He's going to look funny calling out floyd with no teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                the one thing people are overlooking in this fight is khans frame and body is built correctly to be able to put on the weight effectively. well see what happens but theres a good chance that the weight will help his chin. i dont know obviously i still think canelo ends up knocking him out or getting the tko around round 5 but i got to admit there is a piece of me that actually believes khan can keep the fight competitive by using movement keeping distance and using his speed.

the key will be to see what happens to his speed with the weight gain and if he can bring any power up with him. I got to admit my first initial reaction was is this a joke when the fight was announced but now that its been like a week its growing on me and im starting to think khan has a chance
                Great post! The only question is the chin. Canelo didn't KO Floyd, nor Lara, nor Cotto. Khan might go the distance too, and then YOU NEVER KNOW! I was debating whether to pay for Bradley vs. Pacquiao III, but after I heard about Canelo vs. Khan, I think that's where my $60 will go. Let's see what the undercard looks like.

Comment

Garcia is a huge Canelo fan so this isn't surprising. He even said that Canelo beats GGG and that he's too small for him

Comment

It's basically a victory for khan if he makes it through six without doing the booty dew

Comment

Working...
                    X