Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd never grown up but "moved up" divisions, explain why...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    It's simple.

Floyd was boxing's biggest diva who also happened to be boxing's biggest cash cow. He didn't have to **** if he didn't want to.

I'm sure he could have made 144 for Marquez and 140 even in his later years, there just wasn't a bigger cash cow around that would cause Floyd to make that kind of sacrifice.
    He had to pay a lot though. If he could have lost the weight he would have

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Floyd doesn't dehydrate himself, he makes weight by actually moving down to the weight, lean muscle wise. Tries to get as close as possible.

From Mayweather's own mouth "I'm moving up to 135 because I can no longer make 130" another, "I feel much stronger and faster at 140 than 135 because I'm not draining myself"

Mayweather at 147, can't make the 143 catchweight.
      which supports the idea that floyd was not dehydrated @146lbs against Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
        Floyd started at 130 you dip****. He DID move up for bigger fights and for greatness. The reason he moved up was to fight guys like Oscar and Hatton and to have big fights.
        This guy is a ****ing troll, in need of a PAC c0ck shaped pacifier to sleep at night.

He posts like spoon23. Stupid and useless threads.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          There was an interview with Floyd talking about his weight a while ago. He said he doesn't like cutting weight and doesn't like coming in more than 3lbs on fight night. He looks down on that and thinks fighters should fight around their walk around weight. Which is why, despite walking around 150, and being 147lbs one month before his WW fights easily, he refuses to cut off 10lbs to make 140 and refused to cut off 6 lbs for Marquez. People missed it I guess, but there was a prefight interview where Floyd actually said that, they're selling this as a catchweight fight but is actually a welterweight fight. He wasn't even going to try to make 144, and he had made up his mind that he wasn't going to make long before the weigh in. You just have to see his interviews leading up to the fight and you would see he was always gonna come in at whatever weight he wants 147 or below.

I don't think people get Floyd training still, after all these years. You don't see that part of his success comes from using gym time to prepare for fights, not to prepare his weight. Which is why he's always showing that he is 147-148lbs already with one month to go. It's easy for him, but you all think it's hard for some reason
          does this means floyd was not really dehydrated @146 against Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            1) He couldn't make the weight (144) for the marquez fight?
            2) He couldn't fight again at 140 after moving to 147?

Facts show that Floyd moved up because he wasn't able to fight in smaller weights anymore. His body grown.

The only moment when he moved up was the times he fought at 154, and he never fought at 154 against elite opposition. He was a paper champ at 154.

It's like GGG going to 168 to fight Chavez Jr or Froch. Mayweather didn't fight the best names at 154, avoided Lara for example. So when you Floyd fans say that GGG isn't willing to move up for greatness, I let you know that your idol didn't move up for greatness either. He never took the risk.

Now that I have educated some of you, I go to party.
            Floyd fought in a era of small welterweights so if ur trying to give him credit for moving up to welterweight u loose.

Comment

It has been eight months since Mayweather officially retired. Yet, there are still more threads created on this message board about him than the combined total of all active fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                This guy is a ****ing troll, in need of a PAC c0ck shaped pacifier to sleep at night.

He posts like spoon23. Stupid and useless threads.
                The Pac cok riders are never gonna let it go. They have nightmares about Floyd ramming Pac up the arse wearing a different pair of Nikes every night.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                  The Pac cok riders are never gonna let it go. They have nightmares about Floyd ramming Pac up the arse wearing a different pair of Nikes every night.
                  Hahahahahahahaha!!! Excellent!

Let's move on... But they can't... They just can't.

Comment

Come on bro these threads about Floyd are getting old
                    He was younger and able to drain him self like the majority of boxers do
                    It's rare for a fighter to stay at the same weight His entire career

Comment

Why is it that the flo yards always revert to him beating PAC!? Talk about not letting it go. That's maybe one of his top 4-5 wins and yet you tards act like he beat a prime MW

Comment

Working...
                      X