Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we stop acting like 8 lbs is a huge deal? Enough with the fake outrage already

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we stop acting like 8 lbs is a huge deal? Enough with the fake outrage already

It's the first boxing event being held at the brand new stadium in the Vegas Strip. Of course they were going to go for the big names. Khan and his handlers have no issue with the weight whatsoever, and neither should you.

It's 8 lbs for crying out loud, and Khan is a big guy. I'm sure you've all seen his "off season" pictures at the beach. He looks close to 180 lbs which is likely what Canelo walks around at too. Even so, "walk around" weight doesn't matter when there are weight classes in place.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Khan weighs in higher than Canelo, probably in the ball park of 154.5 and still look healthy and lean too.

Canelo will win, but it won't be by knockout. It will be a UD win.
    Last edited by Nubia; 02-06-2016, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Nah khans gonna get murked.

Comment

Why u try to defend this cherrypick? There is weight class for a reason... And u talk abt Khan on the beaach, the guy looked fat.. Canelo is bigger than Khan, just stop it. He will get kod and Khan will go back where he belongs, at WW...

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Nah khans gonna get murked.
          Yes, and it will be entertaining. Khan will get the payday he's been hoping for all these years.
          Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
          Why u try to defend this cherrypick? There is weight class for a reason... And u talk abt Khan on the beaach, the guy looked fat.. Canelo is bigger than Khan, just stop it. He will get kod and Khan will go back where he belongs, at WW...
          You're right, there are weight classes for a reason. That's why they're both going to fight at 155 lbs. The weight cap limits BOTH of them from size advantages. Sure, Canelo might rehydrate a few more pounds than Khan, but it won't be that big. Stop crying and enjoy this fight for what it is.

Because knowing Golden Boy, we were going to get Canelo vs Rosado.

Comment

Floyd couldn't even go up 7 pounds for Canelo from 147 to 154, he had to weight-drain him down to 152.

So you're basically saying Khan is Floyd's superior because he can handle the 8 pounds easy while Floyd's only shot was to weight-drain Canelo to 152?

Fair enough, we can roll with that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              Floyd couldn't even go up 7 pounds for Canelo from 147 to 154, he had to weight-drain him down to 152.

So you're basically saying Khan is Floyd's superior because he can handle the 8 pounds easy while Floyd's only shot was to weight-drain Canelo to 152?

Fair enough, we can roll with that.
              Actually, Canelo stated in the media that he would fight Floyd at 150 lbs. Floyd took him upon his word and actually GIFTED him 2 extra pounds! Floyd did the gentlemanly thing by giving Nelo those two extra pounds that he initially didn't want.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                Actually, Canelo stated in the media that he would fight Floyd at 150 lbs. Floyd took him upon his word and actually GIFTED him 2 extra pounds! Floyd did the gentlemanly thing by giving Nelo those two extra pounds that he initially didn't want.
                Not true, Team Mayweather said 147 first, Canelo declined saying it was physically impossible. Then they edged it up to 150, Canelo declined. They eventually settled on 152 but Canelo didn't want a catchweight at all. Floyd wouldn't fight him without one!

Khan on the other hand is going to Canelo's ideal weight no problem because according to you it's easy work for Khan, whereas Floyd needed all the help he could get.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  Not true, Team Mayweather said 147 first, Canelo declined saying it was physically impossible. Then they edged it up to 150, Canelo declined. They eventually settled on 152 but Canelo didn't want a catchweight at all. Floyd wouldn't fight him without one!

Khan on the other hand is going to Canelo's ideal weight no problem because according to you it's easy work for Khan, whereas Floyd needed all the help he could get.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alva...ther-jr--46563

Saul Alvarez: I'll Drop To 150 For Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Boxing News

Gets your facts straight kiddo.

Hook, line and sinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alva...ther-jr--46563

Saul Alvarez: I'll Drop To 150 For Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Boxing News

Gets your facts straight kiddo.

Hook, line and sinker.
                    No, you get your facts straight kiddo :

Saul Alvarez: When The Negotiations First Started They Wanted Me To Go To 147. Then 150. And then finally, so we could make the fight, I said, 'If anything, I'll give up two pounds. I'll go up to 152.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eight/2802237/

Slam dunk..

Comment

Working...
                    X