Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Nobody Wants Kovalev - That's The Guy I Want!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
    He is not even top 20, he's the biggest hype job in the history of the sport. He is avoiding anything can remotely expose him, and Barerra is still not a done deal. We will never see Kovalev V Ward, as Andrea knows he would get the ***** beaten out of him, and there's a lot of it in him, he's full of it.
    You might be right as Ward ruined his whole career and lost probably 15 million by not fighting and sitting out watching others fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Roc are trying to get options on a fighter they were supposed to be feeding to Ward as a tune-up?

That's nuts. Unless they didn't know much about Barrera when they offered him the fight and had one of those "Oh .. shit .." moments after he accepted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HughJass View Post
        Kovalev knows he's got his work cut-out for him when he faces Ward.I'm not a fan of Wards but i respect his boxing ability.He'll beat Kovalev,Ward has by far the greater experience as an amateur and professional.

I take you're one of the Krushers fan boys who actually thought his win over Hopkins(at 50) was great?Bearing in mind Hopkins had only fought Murat and Shumenov before that lolol

How about this tough guy..

You and I have a ban bet. Kovalev > Ward, loser gets off BoxingScene for a solid month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kovalev #1 View Post
          How about this tough guy..

You and I have a ban bet. Kovalev > Ward, loser gets off BoxingScene for a solid month.
          hahaha.i never insinuated i was a tough guy lololol.bets on mofo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kovalev #1 View Post
            I get that, but Hughie just chooses to not mention Pascal who is VERY worthy opponent to anyone in the division.

Only a fool would compare Hopkins to the typical 50 year old or 40 year old for fuck sake. Hopkin's career was nothing special until his late thirties early forties...
            What do you mean by special? As in top 50 ATG special?

By 35, he was the Undisputed, lineal middleweight champ with 14 defenses of his IBF title. One loss to Roy Jones, apart from his debut, and had beaten:
            Tito Trinidad
            Glen Johnson
            Keith Holmes
            John David Jackson
            Simon Brown
            Echols
            Mercado among others.

It's not close to what he would become ten years down the track, but it was a lot more than 'nothing special'.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
              Excuse me? Manny out defended Floyd, out countered Floyd, and out landed Floyd. What fight did you watch? Floyd couldn't touch Manny, man. And that was with one-arm!!!!
              Huh? What fight did we watch?

We watched the one that was based in reality that everyone saw, except for a few deluded nutters.

The one in which Floyd actually threw more than Pac, landed more than Pac, landed cleaner and obviously landed at a higher percentage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Ward lost 3 of the first 4 rounds v Abraham. If he does that against Kovalev, he's gone.
                LMAO Weebler always making stuff up.... Abraham got 2 rounds from 2 judges and none from the third.

Abraham had a bit of success early on but got dominated down the stretch so I don't know where you got Abraham winning 3 of the last 4 rounds from. Unless you're on about Froch who did finish strong.

It sounds like it's Roc Nation holding up the finalising of the deal. Ward has nothing to do with them wanting options on Barrera, It's frustrating none the less though. We absolutely need this wrapped up so we move closer to Ward vs Kovalev this year, beyond Porter vs Thurman I don't see anything scheduled worth staying up at 5 am for.

Comment

Calm down, he still hasn't made the Barerra fight as of today Feb 6/16 it is not a done deal.
                  He will never fight Kovalev, but I hope I am wrong, because he is getting the bs pounded clean out of him if he has the balls to step in with that monster.

I think deep down, we all know it aint happenin.

Yusaf Mack, in an Oakland bingo hall, most likely next.
                  That's why Froch would rather be stripped than rematch ward. Getting a gift stoppage in the first groves fight
                  Froch would rather retire once the 168 and 175 lb started to heat up

Comment

Ward get's zero respect for his stupidity and cowardice. He left the Kov / Pascal fight because he definitely did not want microphones put in his grill asking him how he feels about taking on the Krusher - he's already beaten and knows it. Now we hear from Duva that there are problems still, in making the Barerra fight, from Ward's side of course.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...still-not-done

They should have filmed the GGG negotiations, because I'd bet my life that it was the diva's side who were the 'roadblock', if you can't spot the difference you are blind. Ward = difficult, fights once every 5 years. GGG = very active, fights 4 x a year.

Genius, there were 2 roadblocks..... a 164lb catchweight demand, then a flat refusal "maybe 2017"..... and BOTH came from Team Hypekin.

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-war...-weight--93803

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...ght-offer.html

I'll take that bet ^^

Comment

• Ward got a lot of Caucasian haters as well as Caucasian fans... I have no idea what Ward did or said to ruffle the feathers of the doves on here... I think the hate comes from him punking Lil G and pulling his hoe card...if Ward beats up Krusher, I expect him to receive death threats via Social Media

Comment

Working...
                      X