Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is joseph parker joshua's next opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is joseph parker joshua's next opponent?

Read on google today that joseph parker might be in next AJ fight? Can he give anthony joshua tuff time. i don't heard alot about the parker. how good a fight he is?

Originally posted by tomwalker View Post
    Read on google today that joseph parker might be in next AJ fight? Can he give anthony joshua tuff time. i don't heard alot about the parker. how good a fight he is?
    Why would Hearn rush that fight when, according to rumors, IBF champ Charles Martin is willing to take the fight (money still needs to be ironed out, but he's woofin' like he wants to fight)?

Joshua beats Martin (decisively, imo), opening up the IBf mandatory path for Parker(can pick up a few fights to add to his experience and exposure) while Joshua makes 1-2 voluntary defenses before the mandatory is due.

Comment

I got the impression that Hearn already turned this down but I can't recall where I heard that

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusSOG View Post
        I got the impression that Hearn already turned this down but I can't recall where I heard that
        is parker a good fighter comparable to AJ?

Comment

I doubt it happens next.

But to answer your question, yes, Parker is very good and can give Joshua some big problems. His jab and handspeed are very good, he throws great combinations and has a good punch selection. I would probably pick him to beat Joshua atm.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            I doubt it happens next.

But to answer your question, yes, Parker is very good and can give Joshua some big problems. His jab and handspeed are very good, he throws great combinations and has a good punch selection. I would probably pick him to beat Joshua atm.
            How would you rank joshua and parker after fury?

Comment

Originally posted by tomwalker View Post
              very, very unlikely, considering they want to take AJ a different route and fighting Parker would be a backwards step for him.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                very, very unlikely, considering they want to take AJ a different route and fighting Parker would be a backwards step for him.

Your comment signifies that parker is not a level fighter as compared to joshua.

Comment

no...if you'd read nsb recently or paid any attention to either camp is saying you would know there is no chance of this.

joshua is fighting either takam/stirverne or poss jennings next.
                  parker is fighting in NZ for at least his next 2 fights.

Comment

According to Hearn, he's due to make a "massive" announcement re AJ soon.

I think he's tempted A-Force out of retirement..

Comment

Working...
                    X