Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    I agree 100%
    Definitely. To me this is a when more than a if. It'll happen cuz the circus that is boxing is getting smaller & smaller & there is this real sport underneath all this circus **** that people have a primitive nature to wanna see without all the bs.

I actually hoped haymon would have done that because he had the roster.
    I disagree. Haymon certainly gots the most impressive overall roster in boxing just via sheer size, but he needs or needed (if you've pronounced PBC dead already) the Ward's, the GGG's, the Joshua's & the Canelo's. Haymon gots a lot of almost stars or could be stars & a few dozen top of the line prospects who'll be talked about a decade from now, but he's got few game changer type guys that are needed to gain traction. In 5 years this roster if kept intact would be insane with all the talent that will improve & grow.

HBO boxing actually gots the better roster for creating a NFL of boxing. They got the P4P list literally almost. If HBO had the money to throw at boxing they could take over. And HBO had many years over the last few decades when they could created the NFL of boxing. Hell I've considered them the pinnacle of the sport & the defacto NFL of boxing since I've been watching boxing & I think most fans of the sport do too. The best fighters & the biggest fights happen on HBO or HBO PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
      Uh oh. Dan Rafael reporting Waddell and Reed investors suing for $925,000,000

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/st...76116045111296
      This ship is about to sink!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Sure that would be nice the problem is what you want PBC to be and what it actually was are 2 different things. Haymon didn't create this cool new league to put the best guys in his stable against each other and give fans great fights. No he put his best fighters is blatant mismatches that nobody wanted to steal money from investors. That's why it failed and that's why his investors are suing. It was about gimmicks and robbing investors blind while putting out a crappy product that didn't unite boxing instead completely divided hardcore boxing fans and turned off casual fans.
        Yea yea I know Haymon is Don King to you. He's a slick black brother looking to steal from the white man & bang ladyboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yea yea I know Haymon is Don King to you. He's a slick black brother looking to steal from the white man & bang ladyboys.
          Who said anything about him being black? And he isn't accused of stealing his investors money? PBC isn't the NFL to make the sport better it was a ponzi scheme to steal money and make crappy fights. Race has nothing to do with it.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-28-2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• If they have funded $925 million and the original amount is $521 million, that means there was a second round of funding, which was always going to happen anyway and there will probably be a third. this is a high risk game and was always going to be costly, but the payoff will be equally great.

That is how venture capital generally works, if the company looks to have something workable even if changes need to be made the entity providing venture capital is generally willing to provide more so they can see that end gain for the pain suffered, because if they don't some other entity can step in and capitalize on all the money they put in without doing the hard work.

Making a sports league is a messy business and starting from square one is a long expensive process~ this would be understood before dollar 1 is put in.

Comment

So Haymon didn't put his fighters in mismatches to get them paid top dollar?

That was one of the biggest bragging points from Uncle Als nephews.
              "You never hear fighters complain about Haymon because he gets them paid".

This isn't about race. Its about not putting out a quality product.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Who said anything about him being black?
                I did. Why you being weird about it. I also mentioned ladyboys.

And he isn't accused of stealing his investors money?
                Being accused of something by investors isn't uncommon. Things being proven by investors is a losing game. Like I said previously I'd love to know the success rate of investor lawsuits like this. I suspect they aren't very successful. I mean so far they are 0/2 with Waddell that I'm aware of.

it was a ponzi scheme to steal money
                Thats a fun theory I'll give you that.

Comment

I did. Why you being weird about it. I also mentioned ladyboys.

Being accused of something by investors isn't uncommon. Things being proven by investors is a losing game. Like I said previously I'd love to know the success rate of investor lawsuits like this. I suspect they aren't very successful. I mean so far they are 0/2 with Waddell that I'm aware of.

Thats a fun theory I'll give you that.
                  I'm black you idiot. Im not beating up on Haymon because he's black I'm beating up on him because he put out a crap product created a massive divide in the sport I love and robbed investors. You wanted PBC to be the NFL and unite boxing and I'm telling you it was not what you hoped it would be. It was a ponzi scheme to steal money while putting out a inferior product of over priced mismatches. That's my problem with Haymon and why the PBC will fold and is being hit with all these lawsuits

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                    So Haymon didn't put his fighters in mismatches to get them paid top dollar?
                    Are you suggesting that isn't common practice in boxing? Crawford just made $1.2M on to fight a no hoper on HBO. GGG just made $2M to fight a no hoper last weekend on HBO. If you wanna talk guys making millions for mismatches I don't think either of us really got the time or desire to do so.

Its about not putting out a quality product.
                    The problem is no one is consistently putting on quality product. This isn't just a PBC thing. HBO used to be the king of boxing. Now they got more -5000 or worse betting favorites being sold as main events I've seen on any one TV channel since I've been watching boxing. The whole marketplace of boxing is shoveling a lot of ****. Thats why there needs to be a NFL of boxing. Who does it I give no f#cks about. Arum, Haymon, Ryabinsky, Mark f#cking Cuban, I don't even care. I just know boxing is better for fans when that happens.

Comment

Are you suggesting that isn't common practice in boxing? Crawford just made $1.2M on to fight a no hoper on HBO. GGG just made $2M to fight a no hoper last weekend on HBO. If you wanna talk guys making millions for mismatches I don't think either of us really got the time or desire to do so.

The problem is no one is consistently putting on quality product. This isn't just a PBC thing. HBO used to be the king of boxing. Now they got more -5000 or worse betting favorites being sold as main events I've seen on any one TV channel since I've been watching boxing. The whole marketplace of boxing is shoveling a lot of ****. Thats why there needs to be a NFL of boxing. Who does it I give no f#cks about. Arum, Haymon, Ryabinsky, Mark f#cking Cuban, I don't even care. I just know boxing is better for fans when that happens.
                      Ya man it's just **** across the board and needs a major overhaul

Comment

Working...
                      X