Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
    Is CBS/Showtime buying the entire fight?
    Yeah, seems like they're paying for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      I don't need to make anything up the head of showtime said it and in the press release there was only mention of showtime on CBS no pbc. Any crap on their website or logo is outdated since prior to last week this was NEVER a showtime fight. Since last year it was told by PBC this was PBC fight. But clearly that is not true and likely a result of them not being able to afford it which oddly comes the exact time that reports came out that investors are almost out of money so they brought in showtime last minute to pay for this. What hard to understand about that? You bringing up outdated website from a company that is in major Flux due to losing hundreds of millions. I bring to you ESPN links that include quotes directly from the man himself telling you this is a showtime produced fight not pbc produced. The official press release makes no mention of this being a pbc fight and specifically mentions it's branded Showtime On CBS. And don't lie and say this was always the plan because for 6 months haymon said otherwise and sold this to the public as a PBC brand fight.
      The release on their site came out a week ago. Not outdated at all. Like I said...a long painful year for you. From the sound of your posts, par for the course.

Comment

• Now we can see Duncey starting his slow meltdown as he realizes he's trapped.

He's been corrected multiple times, informed that Dan Rafael admitted he was wrong, and yet he AGAIN cites an ESPN report that the writer has already publicly admitted was incorrect!

FACT: Thurman vs Porter is presented by PBC. Confirmed by ESPN, confirmed by PBC and confirmed by Viacom.

Yet, here is Duncey continuing to grasp at straws, apparently unaware that he's already been definitively proven wrong.

You can almost see the gears turning in his head as he desperately claws for any way to try to keep his fantasy bubble in tact.

But he can't. Because all his posts are are the fan fiction ramblings of an obsessed and deluded fan.

The facts contradict his posts over and over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Second thing is that it seems clear we're still in a 'wait and see' stage with PBC. At this point it might still succeed or it might still fail, it's too early to rule either possibility out.
          Ok, I have read all 30+ pages, and one thing many people don't understand is that stakeholders' expectations are already embedded into the market value of the company in the amount of $82m. Let me show you some examples.

1. For instance, the company initially had $400+m and invested $200m into the time buys for 3 years. This will be an intangible asset of $200m amortised over a period of 3 years less impairment, if any. So each year the asset would decrease by 200/3=($67m) recorded as an expense. The initial assessment is that this intansible asset would result in future benefit in temrs of networks buying PBC fights. Something is off as the market value decreased. This means that the investors don't believe the networks will pay money for the brand, and thus the brand value is most likely impaired, which results in the decreased market value.

2. Another thing is top rank and gbp lawsuits. Those can be possibly not recorded in the books of the company as liabilities because treated as contingencies. However, contingencies are reflected in the market value of the company. In other words, if top rank case is for $100m, and there is some probability of it being succsesful, it would result in the market value lower that the balance sheet net position. So the comapny may still have net assets of $82+~$50m, but it is still lower than $400m.

3. High salaries/purses paid to boxers are straight recorded as expense. Considering that the market value has decreased, it indicated that the retained earnings (revenues less expenses) are not positive, i.e. they decrease the net asset position. This may indicate that they will try to cut costs in the future, i.e. salaries might decrease, if they are here for a long time.

To conclude, the investment doesn't show good prospects, and we shall keep an eye on it.
          Last edited by ggg_kz; 02-02-2016, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
            Is CBS/Showtime buying the entire fight?
            Showtime is paying the productions costs and fighter purses. The time buy money PBC investors spent for this prime time slot was already paid last year. All the air time for all the networks is already paid up front whether they use it or not. Basically they paid for a fight to promote the pbc brand on this date but instead it actually being PBC brand on display will have showtime on CBS instead of PBC on CBS. But the fact PBC has fewer shows scheduled then ever since their debut basically not choosing to air less events because it's too expensive and they are losing millions each event or letting showtime pay the fighters in which case it's not a pbc brand fight at all. All signs from a company that is struggling financially. Because who pays millions for time slots and just doesn't use them? What business sense does that make?

Comment

• Anybody enjoying Dunce's ostrich impression?

He's been told over and over and over that Thurman vs Porter is Showtime on CBS, presented by PBC. Confirmed by the very ESPN writer he tried quoting.

Yet he continues to ignore easily verifiable information and pretend that it's not a PBC fight. Even though it was announced at the presser as a PBC fight, is listed on the PBC site and Viacom has confirmed it's presented by PBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                The release on their site came out a week ago. Not outdated at all. Like I said...a long painful year for you. From the sound of your posts, par for the course.
                I don't care what is on that soon to be bankrupt companys website. That was added prior to the press release. BEFORE the press release all we heard and read is it was a PBC on CBS fight. Then last sec it all changed and showtime came out of nowhere and paid for it. It's a Showtime On CBS brand fight according to the official press release which supercedes any bogus info on that website and the head of showtime who is paying for it said flat out its a showtime produced fight. Case closed until you show me a direct quote more recent that says otherwise it's a showtime NOT PBC fight.

Comment

Showtime is paying the productions costs and fighter purses. The time buy money PBC investors spent for this prime time slot was already paid last year. All the air time for all the networks is already paid up front whether they use it or not. Basically they paid for a fight to promote the pbc brand on this date but instead it actually being PBC brand on display will have showtime on CBS instead of PBC on CBS. But the fact PBC has fewer shows scheduled then ever since their debut basically not choosing to air less events because it's too expensive and they are losing millions each event or letting showtime pay the fighters in which case it's not a pbc brand fight at all. All signs from a company that is struggling financially. Because who pays millions for time slots and just doesn't use them? What business sense does that make?
                  What???

Comment

• OH LOOK AT THE OSTRICH GO!

Showtime on CBS presented by PBC. Confirmed by Dan Rafael of ESPN. He admitted he was wrong in the article Duncey is obsessed with.

Who has the out dated info now ostrich?

Comment

I don't care what is on that soon to be bankrupt companys website. That was added prior to the press release. BEFORE the press release all we heard and read is it was a PBC on CBS fight. Then last sec it all changed and showtime came out of nowhere and paid for it. It's a Showtime On CBS brand fight according to the official press release which supercedes any bogus info on that website and the head of showtime who is paying for it said flat out its a showtime produced fight. Case closed until you show me a direct quote more recent that says otherwise it's a showtime NOT PBC fight.
                      Added to the press release? But why would they add "outdated" info to a press release after the fact but prior? Lmao. You're getting desperate.

Comment

Working...
                      X