Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
    First of all, you're wrong. It is a PBC event. Showtime Boxing on CBS presented by PBC.

Second of all, you have no idea what PBC can and can't afford.

Third of all, if Haymon now has Viacom willing to spend money to put major Haymon fights on CBS, that is a ***HUGE VICTORY*** for Haymon.

Yet somehow in your mind, Haymon has failed because he managed to get Viacom to pony up the cash to make this happen . . .

Hilarious.

You guys should stick to watching fights and enjoying fights. The "business analysis" around here is so off base, so illogical and of such low intelligence that it's completely laughable.
    No you are wrong. See below. Showtime is producing it it will have nothing to do with PBC. Just like Jacobs vs Quillin was originally supposed to be PBC but then sent to showtime because PBC couldn't afford the fight. So PBC announcing fights and then not being able to air the fight under the PBC brand is good for PBC???

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-face-march-12

"Although Thurman and Porter have had their recent fights on Premier Boxing Champions cards, which their adviser, Al Haymon, has bought time for on a variety of networks, including CBS, this fight will not carry PBC branding. Instead, it will be branded as "Showtime Championship Boxing on CBS." CBS is the parent company of Showtime, which will produce the telecast."

Showtime Sports vice president and general manager Stephen Espinoza said. "Fights of this caliber don't come along very often, and when they do, they deserve to be on the biggest stage possible. That's why all of us at Showtime and CBS are so excited to be able to deliver this pivotal matchup to a prime-time audience on America's highest-rated network."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons
      bigdunny1 what do you do for a living?
      I get paid to develop enterprise software. I also own and manage properties. What do you do for a living and why does it matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        They're both making assumptions. I don't know why you think the soupy guy is certain when he says things like, "I doubt Haymon would let 500+ sit in cash." he doesn't know for sure what they did with the money. He's assuming they didn't leave it as cash but there is no proof. The only thing that is certain is that the amount available has dwindled significantly. That can actually be corroborated with facts. How it was spent is pure speculation.
        Exactly! Everybody is assuming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Still say 1 umbrella is the best way to go for this sport
          100%. At the end of the day this will happen via Haymon or someone else. Its as plain as day to see cuz its worked in every other sport. And til it does boxing will become more & more of a niche sport, which will actually make it easier at some point for a guy or group to come in & scoop up the sport into one elite league of boxers.

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          Until people understand the business model which is not supposed to start getting money back yet we wil keep having these same pointless anti pbc hope they fail threads. Until people realize the entire plan is to buy tv time then when its over to negotiate with certain networks this endless bs will continue. I honestly dont think people understand what pbc is doing cause its like people think when they run out of money its over even tho that chest is only supposed to get them to the end of the time buys.

This doesnt mean it will work but can we at least be honest and understand what the business model is? We wont know if its going to work or not until the time buys are over and we see what kind of contracts the networks are offering. Personally i think the networks will offer far better contracts then people anticipate. The only thing left that is very valuable to networks is live sports because almost everyone watches them live which means more add revenue which means less dvr and waiting for repeats. Theres a reason networks are looking for live sports. Not only that but boxing and pbc has a pretty high ceiling and its pretty clear they are bidding their time with certain fights until the time buys are over.

People have to understand the game plan is not to do time buys for ever its more of an audition before the contracts are negotiated. I swear people want pbc to fail so badly that they dont even realize what pbc is doing
          Lots of good **** here. People don't even know for sure wtf Haymon is doing & the road or roads he's willing to take to get there.

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          I don't know Haymon sounds like a swindler to me, but I won't just label him that yet, he is def suspect, who hides in the shadows like this refuses to do interviews, makes you wonder what he is hiding? It would be more profitable if he was talkative like a Dana White or Don King.
          I just think Haymon isn't "that guy" is the thing. We are so used to people with lil to no reason on up to the most elite in anything to talk about everything & anything when someone doesn't its a super foreign & seems wrong & like they are trying to hide. Some people just legit don't like the exposure & are doing nothing wrong.

When you look into his history he's been a notable businessman for decades, but has a handful of interviews where he gives his thoughts & opinions so this isn't a new stance & outside of some weird situation with Beyonce that I don't fully understand the implications of or why there was issues exactly I don't think he has much of anything from his past that could be conceived of to be a bad or deceitful business practice over those decades in the concert business.

In fact based on most talk/rumors his biggest failing seems to be his over advocacy of his clients & better, more fair to the fighter deals with them which has helped lead him to having such a huge roster.

Originally posted by BWC View Post
          Guys your looking at this all wrong. The $82mm is not the actual cash on hand, it's just a valuation number. It does not mean Haymon has blown through the rest
          The thing I always think when this Waddell stuff gets mentioned is wtf does anyone know about venture capital type **** on a boxing forum or boxing reddit & more importantly how much can we really grasp from these numbers.

One reality I know is many companies go thru multiple investment rounds so anyone thinking that PBC is "done" after this half billion is run thru is under a false belief. Controlling boxing is gonna be a billion dollar per year business for someone someday. Thus whoever can herd boxing together is gonna be PAID like a mfer so its worth more than 500M to try to make that attempt.

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Exactly! Everybody is assuming.
          True. Assuming too many things good or bad is nuts with the provided info & the lack of knowledge with how most of this **** works. I got 3 dozen+ questions about all this ****, but I don't see anyone really knowledgeable about venture stuff or ad revenue stuff or what sorta costs go into doing all the **** PBC is doing these days or what sorta expenses split they have with the networks involved to answer them.

Comment

• Stop going back and forth with trolling idiots, you guys are giving them the attention they seek. Let these guys keep believing what they so desperately want to believe.

Running with what some random guy posted on Reddit SCREAMS Desperation

Comment

• Man hopefully haymom succeed cause Im afraid of all the protesters, rioting, looting that will ensure from his from his core fan base.

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
                Man hopefully haymom succeed cause Im afraid of all the protesters, rioting, looting that will ensure from his from his core fan base.
                Is that meant to be funny?

I know you're doing your best to be like and live through your hero Kovalev but it doesn't mean you have to fan the flames of this moronic race war.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                  Is that meant to be funny?

I know you're doing your best to be like and live through your hero Kovalev but it doesn't mean you have to fan the flames of this moronic race war.

YDKSAB
                  so shut your ass up

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post

YDKSAB
                    so shut your ass up
                    That's more like it, you can troll without bringing race into it...... Now let's see if you can be funny.

Comment

• Big Dunny -

No, I am not wrong. Like I said, you are wrong and not only are you wrong, but you don't pay close attention to the sport because if you did, you'd know that Rafael already admitted that he was wrong.

Like I stated, Showtime Boxing on CBS is being presented by PBC, which Rafael confirmed in his chat on Friday. So you are 100% wrong when you say "it will have nothing to do with PBC." The fight is listed on the PBC website, the PBC logo was on the banner at the press conference, etc etc.

Please apologize to the community for posting false information. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X