No announcement yet.

21st Century top 5 greatest boxers.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pvj View Post
    It's debatable. Well, not with tito, lol, but perhaps with cotto.
    Cotto's lost the majority of big fights he's had...but castillo definitely lost to worse opposition

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      you only did this to put cotto and trinidad there
      An observation not without merit.

If Cotto is there, JMM should be there.

KTFO6 all by itself should get him in there.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Neither of those were in the 21st century though.
        Try reading he put from 2000 to 2016 Delahoya was fighting in 2000 he didn't retire till 2009 and Roy is still fighting today

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Try reading he put from 2000 to 2016 Delahoya was fighting in 2000 he didn't retire till 2009 and Roy is still fighting today
          yeah and you mentioned trinidad and RJJs prime.

None of which happened in the given time slot.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            yeah and you mentioned trinidad and RJJs prime.

None of which happened in the given time slot.
            Okay if it makes you happy

Comment

Hopkins(lost most of his big fights in the 2000s and was past prime), DLH, Morales, Barrera, Mosley Trinidad, and Jones were at there best in the 90s

and a lot of great fighters fell off in the early to mid 2000s from the 90s so this is a pretty hard list....

Im only including guys that turned pro no earlier than 95

Mayweather
              Pacquaio
              Chocolatito
              Wlad
              Andre Ward

Of the active fighters Ward and Chocolatito have 2 of the best resumes today and nobody can question their skills.....neither guy has reached the Mayweather, Pac or Wlad level but thats just because this century only has 15 years completed...hasnt been a lot of fighters we can call great but IMO...they keep winnning and its on the HOF and ATG status...they have the potential

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Cotto's lost the majority of big fights he's had...but castillo definitely lost to worse opposition

From 2000-2005 Castillo beat Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Joel Casamayor, Diego Corrales and arguably beat Mayweather. While he took a few L's early and late in his career to subpar fighters. His resume is undeniable and leaps and bounds ahead of Cotto if you talk who he actually beat.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Hopkins(lost most of his big fights in the 2000s and was past prime), DLH, Morales, Barrera, Mosley Trinidad, and Jones were at there best in the 90s

and a lot of great fighters fell off in the early to mid 2000s from the 90s so this is a pretty hard list....

Im only including guys that turned pro no earlier than 95

Mayweather
                  Pacquaio
                  Chocolatito
                  Wlad
                  Andre Ward

Of the active fighters Ward and Chocolatito have 2 of the best resumes today and nobody can question their skills.....neither guy has reached the Mayweather, Pac or Wlad level but thats just because this century only has 15 years completed...hasnt been a lot of fighters we can call great but IMO...they keep winnning and its on the HOF and ATG status...they have the potential

Actually like your list, a lot. For me outside of Floyd, Manny and Wlad you could make a strong case for a lot of guys. I could throw B-Hop in their easily even being past it, In the 2000's hes got wins over Trinidad, DLH, Joppy, Holmes, Wright, Tarver, Pascal and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone lol. Impressive for a guy in his mid 30's since the turn of the century. In fact I'm throwing him in there haha.

Floyd
                  Manny
                  Wlad
                  B-Hop
                  And to stir the pot a bit...... Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                    Actually like your list, a lot. For me outside of Floyd, Manny and Wlad you could make a strong case for a lot of guys. I could throw B-Hop in their easily even being past it, In the 2000's hes got wins over Trinidad, DLH, Joppy, Holmes, Wright, Tarver, Pascal and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone lol. Impressive for a guy in his mid 30's since the turn of the century. In fact I'm throwing him in there haha.

Floyd
                    Manny
                    Wlad
                    B-Hop
                    And to stir the pot a bit...... Bradley
                    I was beating myself up between Ward and Hopkins...the deciding factor was, if they met at their best from 160-175 who would win and I'd say Ward.

Hopkins doesnt do well with Athletic guys with decent skills and top notch speed....Taylor, Calzaghe, Dawson outworked and outsped him and KOV outboxed him albeit at 50.

Ward can get down and dirty too once Hopkins starts his spoiling, grappling, butts, trips, etc.

Bradley is underrated and he is currently in my top 15 P4P

In no particular order

Ward

Pacquaio

Chocolatito

Rigo

Yamanaka

Bradley

Estrada

Uchiyama

Kov

Stevenson(I know people are not high on him but he keeps winning and knocking out guys and he is actually the man who beat the man in his divison)

Canelo

Khan

Garcia(yes swift isnt spectacular but he knows how to win, is only 27 a=with a deep resume)

Crawford

Naoya Inoue 9-0 8 kos titleholder...very skilled, young fighter but already has won titles in 2 divisons 3 former/current titleholders and only fighter to beat Navarez at 115, also by ko...Donaire didnt even ko him

Honorable mention: GGG, James Degale, Lomachenko

Comment

blake griffin
                      blake griffin
                      blake griffin
                      blake griffin
                      blake griffin

Comment

Working...
                      X