No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios, Robert Garcia Part Ways After Long Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios, Robert Garcia Part Ways After Long Run

In the immediate wake of his ninth round stoppage at the hands of WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley on November 7th at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Brandon Rios announced his retirement from boxing.

[Click Here To Read More]

Whaaaaaat? Didn't see that coming.

Comment

I said a while back that Rios needed a new trainer because he was too comfortable with Garcia, but never ever thought they'd part ways.

Crazy. Wonder if it's actually his Dad that's going to train him.

Comment

to comfortable!!!

Brandon got to comfortable working with Garcia the friendship got in the way and Brandon could not get serious. he does need a change or maybe just a personal trainer to stay in shape. Changing trainers is a good thing sometime cuz you get a fresh start but what does his dad know about training? I think Brandon should go train with vargas, or someone with more experience!!

Comment

Arrogant

I think Garcia was was kind of arrogant, by saying, Rios made millions with me let your father make a few bucks!!!! to me was been arrogant..

Comment

wow def didnt see that happening

Comment

Originally posted by sapo13 View Post
              Brandon got to comfortable working with Garcia the friendship got in the way and Brandon could not get serious. he does need a change or maybe just a personal trainer to stay in shape. Changing trainers is a good thing sometime cuz you get a fresh start but what does his dad know about training? I think Brandon should go train with vargas, or someone with more experience!!
              I agree with you, once the trainer/boxer relationship turns into a bff/boxer relationship its time to switch trainers. A good trainer instills discipline so how can someone do that when you train during the day but go out and drink a few cold ones or have a few tacos together after? Anyways Brandons MAIN problem is his inactivity, if he were more active, hed be in better shape. With his style he needs to be fighting 3-4x's per year to keep his timing sharp so I dont see how his dad is really going to make to much of a difference unless he schedules Brandons fights.

Comment

He should of switched for the bradley fight. So his dad is his new trainer now? I'd laugh my ass off if he switched over to roach and has major improvements.

Comment

I said this years ago, Rios should have left Garcia a while back. I noticed Garcia is just clowning in the gym eating sunflower seeds and talking gossip all day.

But Garcia will turn on Rios, you know how I know? because of this comment here

"I told (Brandon),'Look, if it's your dad, go ahead and do it. I'm happy for you and your dad, he'll make a few dollars for a few fights that you'll have,' So that I have no problem with, I gave him my blessing. We still keep in touch almost everyday,"said Garcia.

Garcia is only okay with it because its Rios father, but if it was another trainer you better believe Garcia will be butt hurt and talking ****, I doubt Rios will train only with his father, he will probably hire someone soon and have his father just assist in the day to day, I feel sorry for Brandon he was one of the few talent pressure inside fighters of our time but he had a lazy laid back trainer, a guy like Rios needs to be with a strict no nonsense trainer.

I think his wife knocked some sense into him, she knows Garcia is a goof off and hurt Rios more. Rios is still young so he needs to get serious, I still think he can bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
                    He should of switched for the bradley fight. So his dad is his new trainer now? I'd laugh my ass off if he switched over to roach and has major improvements.
                    I have a feeling he might switch to Roach and just have his father helping him as a assitant

Comment

Working...
                    X