• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    your tv only has 1 channel?
    Was that supposed to be a legit retort?

Comment

so if K2 is on board, and HBO is on board, if the fight doesnt get made exactly who will you blame? Trump? Global Warming? Fox News?
      I blame whoever is at fault. Deals often fall through. I will wait to see the outcome. HBO could change just like they did with Stevenson/Kov and the purse bid.

If Haymon decides to let it go to a purse bid, that doesn't mean the fight can't get made. Just means HBO has to outbid for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        Now maybe people should stop blaming Haymon and place the blame where it belongs.
        Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        Who cares who's to blame, not wants to see this crap anyways. They'd be doing us a favor.
        epic change of tune within five minutes there

Comment

he has to fight his mando or get stripped dummy
          translation: Im ok with him fighting another no name

Canelo is the champ...he can collect the NABA, WBO and whatever else and he still wont be the champion.

Beating good fighters means more than holding on to a trinket fighting no names

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            I wasn't changing my tune. I wasn't talking about that fight in specific. I was talking about the idea that Haymon wouldn't work with K2.m that people like to throw around. The true blame clearly lies with HBO. It's up to them to "allow" for Haymon fighters to appear on their network.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              haha owned......

Comment

haha owned......
                I'm guessing either you are blind or you can't read.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  translation: Im ok with him fighting another no name

Canelo is the champ...he can collect the NABA, WBO and whatever else and he still wont be the champion.

Beating good fighters means more than holding on to a trinket fighting no names
                  translation: I understand he has to do his mando and its not his fault that Saunders is scared and Johnson is hurt.

And I know you're relatively stupid but even still you have to acknowledge that its pretty hard to face "good" opponents when they would sooner jump into a friggin volcano than fight you......

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Should be interesting. No way HBO lets GGG fight on Showtime.

I think HBO will allow it. They'll put in every effort to make a deal and then win a purse bid should it come to that, but in the end if Haymon throws crazy money at the fight, HBO would be making a wise decision to allow it. Not doing so only sets a precedence to encourage Haymon to strip all of HBO's title holders. In the past Pernell Whitaker was allowed to fight off HBO (while under an exclusive deal) to go fight on Showtime. It saves on HBO's budget for a ****ty fight and burns off their competition's budget.

Tomorrow the WBA announces the time line for Jacobs/Golovkin, could you really imagine HBO allowing Haymon to strip Golovkin of both his titles? They've put in too much effort to allow it. If their offering BJS over $3mill for his title, the titles obviously mean something to them, more so the brand of being the sole champion is at stake.

Comment

translation: I understand he has to do his mando and its not his fault that Saunders is scared and Johnson is hurt.

And I know you're relatively stupid but even still you have to acknowledge that its pretty hard to face "good" opponents when they would sooner jump into a friggin volcano than fight you......
                      When he fights another mismatch what will you excuse be then?

that nobody will fight him excuse has been ran into the ground....boxing is a what have you done for me lately sport and he aint done much....deal with it...his hype doesnt correlate with his competition

Mandatory or not....the same fools saying mandatory are the same ones who cry about other fighters fighting their mandatories

GGG is a good fighter, HBO is going to keep losing money putting him in with nobodies

Comment

Working...
                      X