Collapse
No announcement yet.

How WOULD Bradley-Mayweather look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matchup of two of the three best welterweights outside of keith thurman and with teddy atlas in bradleys corner the fight would be close from an ability/skrategy standpoint

Comment

I think Mayweather would still easily beat him even at 38 years old. Mayweather has a huge reach advantage and he is faster and a much more skillful boxer than Bradley. He can use his reach, speed, skill and accuracy to outpoint Bradley at long range. When Bradley gets close Mayweather will tie him up. Mayweather has an iron jaw and Bradley is no puncher. Bradley can't hurt Mayweather. Bradley brings pressure with his stamina and high work rate. That might force Mayweather to coast a round now and then. I think Mayweather wins 9 or 10 rounds. Bradley only wins the rounds Mayweather takes off to rest. Bradley is good but Mayweather is better.

Comment

It would come down to Floyd's height and reach advantage. If Floyd used the jab consistently and a lot of lateral movement, I think he gets the decision in a very interesting hard fought fight. I think it would look a lot like Cotto vs Floyd. Bradley would apply a lot of pressure and launch a serious body attack. He would force Floyd to be great in that fight. He would force him to open up his offense like we haven't seen out of him in recent years. I think Bradley is experienced enough to not allow Floyd to dictate the pace of the fight, so it would be a lot more action than many would expect. But because of the reach and height advantage, I see Floyd taking the early rounds and then fighting for his life in the later rounds to squeak a victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Floyd sets his pace and it's a boxing match or would it be a brawl witch Bradley is capable of doing?

it would be a chess match.....once Bradley realizes he is in with someone slicker than himself and quicker with his hands and feet, we will start to see those wide shots and arm punches

Bradley gets the usual 9-3 treatment

He is a very good all around fighter but he doesn't have the style nor attributes necessary to defeat Floyd.

Only fighters capable of beating Floyd are fighters who don't give a crap about getting hit, have good stamina, good chin, and fights rough and dirty ala Jesus Chavez...Bradley isn't cut from that clothe

Comment

I think it would end up in one of two ways:

1. Bradley makes it ugly. He does his best to get on the inside, tries to work the body, and overall tries to out-work Floyd with a bit of boxing in-between to try to show Floyd a different look.

2. Bradley tries to box. He tries to outbox the master boxer and does a good job of making Floyd miss, but as a poster said, he doesn't have the skills necessary to win rounds in this manner over Floyd even if he nullifies most of Floyd's offense.

Floyd would always be the favorite in this fight, but I always wanted to see it. Bradley has the heart, determination, and workrate to give Floyd problems.

Comment

Something like Mayweather vs Guerrero.

Comment

Bradley trips over his own feet

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think Mayweather would still easily beat him even at 38 years old. Mayweather has a huge reach advantage and he is faster and a much more skillful boxer than Bradley. He can use his reach, speed, skill and accuracy to outpoint Bradley at long range. When Bradley gets close Mayweather will tie him up. Mayweather has an iron jaw and Bradley is no puncher. Bradley can't hurt Mayweather. Bradley brings pressure with his stamina and high work rate. That might force Mayweather to coast a round now and then. I think Mayweather wins 9 or 10 rounds. Bradley only wins the rounds Mayweather takes off to rest. Bradley is good but Mayweather is better.
                  ^^^This right here.

Bradley gets beat easily by Floyd. The worst version of Floyd beats the best version of Bradley with ease imo. Like Floyd says, "there's levels to this." Tim Bradley is on bum status compared to Floyd.

Comment

Bradley may be improved, but he can't outbox Floyd, and Floyd would beat him on the inside.

Floyd by comfortable UD.

Comment

Bradley will be the softest puncher and smallest guy that Floyd has fought in a long time... I'm really starting to think Floyd would light Tim up pretty good. Tim's biggest weapon is that head of his. Floyd would be talking shit the whole time too lol. Bradley is such an overachiever and overrated as fuck imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X