Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Decisions a Gutsy Guerrero, Captures WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    Ruben is no help in the corner and Robert is suffering. He never gave any technical advice, like, quit following him around, or you can't get your right foot outside his left by standing in front of him. It as all cheer leader, you can do it, Mexican pride pep talk. I think Ruben was worried about his own celebrity instead of the fight. He started talking Spanish just to back up his earlier statements and prove that he could, but it wasn't about boxing. It was gibberish, useless in English or Spanish.

hes not doing his son any favors thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Did he advise the "Pachuko kick"?
      Not even that. Nothing about hands or feet, all about heart. Dr Phil self improvement stuff. Good for those big jobs at home.

Comment

Good win but his star did not shine as much as I thought it would.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          They are his 2 most-prime opponents.

AND, he was likely the biggest underdog against those 2 guys.

But to be fair, he didn't look great early in the Khan fight either.

Not sure how I feel really, it was a difficult fight.
          Early in the fight meaning rounds 1 & 2? He got khan out of there in the 4th round.. that's a dominant performance

Comment

All I can say is this. If Garcia is considered a top welterweight, well that weight class is much weaker than I thought. It might be a crowded weight class, but talent wise, it is feeling thin.

Comment

Why are Garcia fans hyping this win? Guerrero is a shot bum.

Bradley KOed a shot Rios in his last fight. Garcia barely wins. Same went for Thurman.

I DONT know why PAC/Floyd don't just stick around fighting each remaining WW bum and padding their resumes. These guys all suck compared to those two (and Bradley).

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBully View Post
                Early in the fight meaning rounds 1 & 2? He got khan out of there in the 4th round.. that's a dominant performance

Yep, round 1 and 2 were not pretty. But yea, great result.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  I had it 7-5, maybe 8-4.
                  Listening to Sergio Mora in commentary saying in the 11th that Garcia had one every round was just daft talk.
                  Ya I had it 7-5 too. Can't be mad about 8-4, but I think it was more 7-5.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    Danny boxed and slowed the ghost with body shots and then just cracked him with power shots the ghost was fighting sloppy and getting caught too often good fight for a few rounds untill danny took over in the second half
                    Yup that sums it up pretty much. The investment to the body paid off. Ghost was winning the first half, but once the wear from the body shots kicked in he became very slow and sloppy. You are spot on!

Comment

Canelo would KO Danny in less than 6 rounds. I see an average fighter in Garcia. He will be easy work for Crawford too. Nothing special in Danny

Comment

Working...
                      X