Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do mixed martial artist hate on boxers so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do mixed martial artist hate on boxers so much?

Isn't the best MMA fights when they box?
    Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 01-21-2016, 11:37 AM.

Boxers are like the G;s in highschool and the MMA dudes are like the jocks that cant believe the girl of his dreams just got a train busted on her by the homies.

Comment

Salary envy

Comment

Money , and fame and less brutal beating

Comment

Probably jealous of the $$ they pull in.

Comment

Law of pizza explains this well.

I like pepperoni pizza, some might say it's a bit plain but I enjoy it. Then you've got ****s who have pepperoni and loads of other toppings and think their pizza is better because it's got pepperoni and many other toppings.

Probably a bit of '...yea but in a real fight...', alluding to MMA being more useful than boxing in a 'real fight'. If they say that to you BoxFan83 tell 'em '...yea but in the real world...you're a ****'.

Comment

Jealous of fighters who can actually take a punch?

Comment

Because they get paid less and boxers are usually looked at as the baddest man/men on the planet...only the United States pay attention to MMA...most geographical regions have their own traditional martial arts and don't pay much attention to the newbie MMA

they'll get over it...boxing has been around thousands of years just like other REAL martial arts

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Law of pizza explains this well.

I like pepperoni pizza, some might say it's a bit plain but I enjoy it. Then you've got ****s who have pepperoni and loads of other toppings and think their pizza is better because it's got pepperoni and many other toppings.

Probably a bit of '...yea but in a real fight...', alluding to MMA being more useful than boxing in a 'real fight'. If they say that to you BoxFan83 tell 'em '...yea but in the real world...you're a ****'.
                  I love your analogy, very useful but I do disagree with the "real fight" scenario. In my opinion if you want to be a good fighter in any style you first have to learn how to box. I have literally seen hundreds of so called MMA fighters both amateur and professional that do not know how to throw a correct punch and this definitely transfers over to street fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                    Money , and fame and less brutal beating
                    This is probably one of the biggest misconceptions in fighting. Truth is, and it has been scientifically proven, that the sport of boxing is the most damaging and brutal.

Just compare a championship fight in boxing to a championship fight in UFC (MMA). Getting punched in the head for 45 minutes is a lot worse in the long run than a 25 minute fight in which there is a lot of grappling involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X